OC200 Warning Message Meanings?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OC200 Warning Message Meanings?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:OC200 Warning Message Meanings?
2023-03-02 20:21:53

Perfectly explained @Philbert, thanks a lot!

I will leave OFDMA on and see how it goes 👍

Options
Re:OC200 Warning Message Meanings?
2023-03-02 22:16:36

@JonnieBeGood 

Hey

Anything under the Device setting itself, I tend to recommend leave as default and let the controller do the work, setting these will override the controller settings for that AP specifically.  The exception perhaps being Power Levels if I have a lot of APs (12 or more).. again 90% of time AUTO is fine for most, the controller will do the work

Is this what you are referring to?

If so that is the settings I use above, fiddling here can cause you issues. 

The Load Balance is the Non-Controller way of doing this so recommend DONT enable.   Basically it works on when you hit 10 / 11 /12 whatever you set clients, roam the rest to a new AP  or do this on Signal strength (RSSI).   These are old ways of doing roaming, best not using this and let the controller / AI do the hard work.  Max Clients moves randomly based on numbers connected, not quality of connection so its a bad idea.   RSSI is the opposite, based on signal strengh alone, again not great as it could move you from a being the only user on AP1 to a congested AP2 simply cause the signal is 1% better.. overall it will be a bad move.    

As said, personally wouldnt touch these, let the controller do it automatically based on AI and metric.. this is the old way! 

QOS is Quality of Service, tools to improve signal and connection.   No Acknowledgement basically cuts out part of the connection process between the client and AP, saves bandwidth a tad.. but if you are at the stage you need to use this, you likely have a MASSIVE issue and this aint gonna do jack.  Leave this disabled

Auto Power Saving.. well its low power mode when not in use, all devices do it  and it works well on all battery based devices (phones, ipads etc) so yeah leave this on

In short... nothing in here you need to change, they are more tools for a very specific problem fixing and could make it worse if mis-used.  All disabled except power saving is my option

Options
Related Articles