SG2008P config corruption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-01 11:40:44 - last edited 2023-04-13 06:07:50
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.4 Build 20221130

I upgraded my SG2008Pv3 to 3.0.4 Build 20221130 and since then I've experienced some major issues when making changes to the Switch ACL in the Omada Controller v5.9.9.

The first issue that I encountered on seemed to have bricked the switch and I couldn't even reach devices in the same L2 network. A power cycle didn't help, so it seemed to me the switch configuration was corrupt. A hardware reset and readoption in the controller resolved the issue.

Second the switch suddenly showed as disconnected in the controller and was indeed not reachable on it's management IP-address. Besides this, networking was still working so it only seemed to affect the management functions of the switch. A power cycle did resolve the issue.

Third issue is the scariest to me as it seemed that suddenly no Switch ACL was applied to the configuration, so inter VLAN routing was possibly (as is by default config). Force readoption and power cycle didn't work. No change to the Switch ACL had any effect on the switch behavior which looked like the Switch ACL just wasn't applied and there wasn't any indication it did so. I had to hardware reset the switch and re-adopt it in the Omada controller for the Switch ACL to by reapplied to the configuration of the SG2008P. Changes in Switch ACL after the reset did indeed get applied to the Switch configuration.

This all happened within 24 hours and the common factor for all occurrences is that testing and heavy changes to the Switch ACL were being made in the controller at the time.

The only indication I have ever got was before the first issue with the event: "The configurations of device SG2008P are different from the configurations from the controller. Go to SG2008P-Manage Device Page and click Force Provision to synchronize the configurations of the device with the controller." was shown in the controller.

I did indeed do a Force Provision after the switch still got bricked about 4 hours later. This is the only time this message was showed.

If you need more information for further inquiry please ask so. Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:SG2008P config corruption-Solution
2023-04-13 06:07:35 - last edited 2023-04-13 06:07:50

Hi @Whyu ,

The resolution has been included in the official firmware of Omada Controller v5.9.31, which was released several days ago.
Omada Software Controller_V5.9.31 (Released On Mar 13/ 21st, 2023)

Please take your time to upgrade the 5.9.31 firmware and confirm the ACL issue you encountered has been resolved.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:SG2008P config corruption
2023-03-02 07:25:01

Hello @Whyu ,

May I know if the switch is working properly now?

Can you reproduce this issue stably in case it is an episodic issue?

How many ACL rules you set on the controller?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-02 13:34:24

Hi @Hank21 ,

The switch is currently working properly including the Switch ACL rules and although I have minor edited ACL rules after the last occurrence I haven't done any heavy editing/testing since. The controller currently has 15 Switch ACL rules.

I have had this issue 3 times all within 24 hours and all during heavy editing and testing new Switch ACL rules.

Options
2023-03-03 08:13:14

Hi @Whyu,

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230304810, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks

Options
Re:SG2008P config corruption-Solution
2023-04-13 06:07:35 - last edited 2023-04-13 06:07:50

Hi @Whyu ,

The resolution has been included in the official firmware of Omada Controller v5.9.31, which was released several days ago.
Omada Software Controller_V5.9.31 (Released On Mar 13/ 21st, 2023)

Please take your time to upgrade the 5.9.31 firmware and confirm the ACL issue you encountered has been resolved.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 4