EAP615-wall new f/w 1.1.4 no release notes?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-04 14:56:00 - last edited 2023-03-07 04:09:18
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

The controller and app have been bugging me to upgrade for almost a week, and yet there the new f/w, v1.1.4 is not posted on the Support site, nor is there a release thread here in the Community, nor can I find any mention of it or its Release Notes on the web.  I'd like to see the changes before clicking 'upgrade' :)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP615-wall new f/w 1.1.4 no release notes?-Solution
2023-03-07 02:03:13 - last edited 2023-03-07 04:09:18

Hello @d0ugmac1 

I see. So your AP is CA version, you went to /ca website to download the CA firmware for manual upgrade but there was no 1.1.4 firmware.

Generally speaking, the official firmware and release note will be pushed to the Cloud first, then the TP-Link global "EN" website, and slightly later to the TP-Link local websites (usually 1-2 weeks delay or so). If you choose to directly upgrade the firmware online via the cloud, release note is provided before you confirm to upgrade. The release note is generally universal. You can also visit the TP-Link global "EN" website to check the release note before you decide to upgrade.

The 1.1.4 firmware and release note are available in the /ca website now, you may follow the link below for checking.

https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/download/eap615-wall/#Firmware

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP615-wall new f/w 1.1.4 no release notes?
2023-03-06 05:49:20

Hi  @d0ugmac1 

Here you go

Bug fixed: 1. Fix the EAP’s web management page becomes unreachable under some circumstances.

2. Fix the EAP’s CPU utilization is abnormally high under some circumstances.

3. Fix some clients could be in multiple VLANs at the same time.

4. Fix the EAP won’t apply multicast-unicast conversion for 5G SSIDs.

5. Fix in WPA-Enterprise authentication, the NAS_IP_Address parameter is used as 192.168.0.254 but not the EAP’s actual IP address.

6. Fix the accounting interim update period is incorrect when the value is set above 128s.

Notes: 1. For EAP615-Wall v1.8 only.

2. This version of firmware is applied to the Omada APP v3.0.X or above.

3. This firmware is fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller v5.5 or above. If you are using the old Omada Controller and need to manage EAP615-Wall, you must upgrade the Omada Controller to v5.5 or above. You can follow Omada Controller Upgrade Guide to upgrade Omada Controller.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-06 07:11:48

Hello @d0ugmac1 

For the firmware release note of EAP615-Wall, you may check from the TP-Link global "EN" website as below.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap615-wall/#Firmware

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-06 17:40:52

@Fae Thanks, but my issue is we've been told not to change firmware out of region (which makes total sense for WiFi devices which have to behave within national restrictions).  There is zero mention of 1.1.4 in the /ca/ section of the Support website and there probably should be.  My AP reports as definitely being (CA) version, so one wouldn't think of going to the (EU) site...ever.

Can I make a suggestion that at least a 'symbolic' link be added to regional support webpages where a new firmware is applicable?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:EAP615-wall new f/w 1.1.4 no release notes?-Solution
2023-03-07 02:03:13 - last edited 2023-03-07 04:09:18

Hello @d0ugmac1 

I see. So your AP is CA version, you went to /ca website to download the CA firmware for manual upgrade but there was no 1.1.4 firmware.

Generally speaking, the official firmware and release note will be pushed to the Cloud first, then the TP-Link global "EN" website, and slightly later to the TP-Link local websites (usually 1-2 weeks delay or so). If you choose to directly upgrade the firmware online via the cloud, release note is provided before you confirm to upgrade. The release note is generally universal. You can also visit the TP-Link global "EN" website to check the release note before you decide to upgrade.

The 1.1.4 firmware and release note are available in the /ca website now, you may follow the link below for checking.

https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/download/eap615-wall/#Firmware

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 461

Replies: 4