EAP620 HD v3.2 support for mesh wireless connection between APs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 12:06:01 - last edited 2023-03-10 05:19:05
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I'm eyeing at least 2 of this devices for my home, one for the first floor and another one for the second.  I called up my local reseller and asked if v3.2 of EAP620 HD supports mesh (ie wireless connection between APs).  The reseller seems to be unsure, hence my question here in this forum.  Reason for this need is that I don't have a 'clean' way of laying cables up to the 2nd floor. 

• Does EAP620 HD v3.2 support wireless mesh - only 1 AP is connected to the switch with the rest wirelessly connected?
  • Does EAP620 HD v3.2 support multiple VLANs?  If so up to how many?
  • As I understand Omada mesh requires a controller (OC200 at least or a Windows/Linux installation of the software) to work and it has to be live 'all the time' and that it isn't just required for the one time setup?  If this is required to run 24x7, what would happen if I turn off the software or disconnect the OC200?
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP620 HD v3.2 support for mesh wireless connection between APs?-Solution
2023-03-10 05:18:12 - last edited 2023-03-10 05:19:05

Hi @spyghost 

Yes, EAP620 HD V3.2 supports Mesh. Check the datasheet

• Does EAP620 HD v3.2 support wireless mesh - only 1 AP is connected to the switch with the rest wirelessly connected?

Yes;

16 (8 on each band);

• As I understand Omada mesh requires a controller (OC200 at least or a Windows/Linux installation of the software) to work and it has to be live 'all the time' and that it isn't just required for the one time setup?  If this is required to run 24x7, what would happen if I turn off the software or disconnect the OC200?

If your Omada Controller is accidentally shut down, as long as the Mesh relationships among Mesh APs are not changed, the Mesh network can maintain the basic Wi-Fi coverage, but it can’t be managed or changed, the Auto Failover/Fast Roaming and most of the advanced features will not work.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP620 HD v3.2 support for mesh wireless connection between APs?-Solution
2023-03-10 05:18:12 - last edited 2023-03-10 05:19:05

Hi @spyghost 

Yes, EAP620 HD V3.2 supports Mesh. Check the datasheet

Yes;

16 (8 on each band);

If your Omada Controller is accidentally shut down, as long as the Mesh relationships among Mesh APs are not changed, the Mesh network can maintain the basic Wi-Fi coverage, but it can’t be managed or changed, the Auto Failover/Fast Roaming and most of the advanced features will not work.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 1