[Bug] Unable to unblock client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-15 18:26:33
Tags: #bug
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

I believe I found a bug today by accident.

I was testing the hability of having my raspberrypi to connect to different routers if one of them is offline.
So I blocked the raspberrypi and then wiped the list of offline clients.

Then, I was going to check the list of blocked clients to unblock, and I can't undo the blocking that I've done previously.

So now, unless I do a factory reset, I can't connect my raspberrypi again to the Deco M4.

This should be fixed as it should be required for me to do a factory reset to unblock a wireless client.

Options
2 Reply
Re:[Bug] Unable to unblock client
2023-03-16 01:10:40

@calferreira 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

I tested on the IOS APP 3.3.10 with Deco X68.

Here is my testing process:

1. the Android smartphone gets connected to the WiFi and shows up in the online lists.

2. Then Add it to the block list.

3. A few seconds later, it is on the offline list and I manually delete it from the offline list.

4. After that I go back to the Block list and could unblock it.

5. When I go back to the WiFi settings on the smartphone and choose Deco WiFi, it could still get connected successfully.

I have done it twice and both get the same result.

Would there be any error message when you "can't undo the blocking that I've done previously"? Or Did raspberry pi disappear from the Block list after you wiped it from the offline list?

And are you able to repeat your current findings on another mobile client?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:[Bug] Unable to unblock client
2023-03-16 10:31:11

@David-TP I apologize, turns out it's not a bug but some confusion on my end.

On Deco app, you have two ways to see clients, either by Deco unit or the whole list.

On the whole list, there's an icon on the top right corner which takes you to the block list and there you can unblock your blocked client.

So everything is working as expected, sorry for the false alarm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 368

Replies: 2

Tags

bug
Related Articles