Named Accounts for Omada Cloud Portal / controllers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-26 08:10:25
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: All

In general we use the cloud-portal to get into the local controllers.

I would like to have implement "Named Accounts" there so every admin is using his/hers own credentials to access Omada Cloud and from there the Omada controller.

That way we can perfectly track who is allowed to go where and who has adjusted what and where.

I believe this is kind of IT-Industry best practice to have such a setup, but I can not get my head around how to get this done in Omada.

Possible and if yes: how.

If not: Feature request

Options
3 Reply
Re:Named Accounts for Omada Cloud Portal / controllers
2023-03-27 08:19:31

Hello @gpglang ,

The controller starts to support creating new account roles manually from controller V5.8, please refer to the Release note:

Can this upgraded feature meet your requirements?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-27 08:42:33

@Hank21 

Thx for replying

If I am correct in understanding, that is for the hw/sw controller itself.  I think that should be available on https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/.  That is where one begins.  Or are we the only ones that start there to go to a Controller?

Options
2023-03-27 18:24:36

@gpglang No, this is definitely worthy of @Hank21 moving this to the Suggestions forum for upvoting by the community.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 3