AT&T ASEoD Fiber + WAN VLAN/IPTV + Omada Not Working - Will PP F&F $25 to Working Solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AT&T ASEoD Fiber + WAN VLAN/IPTV + Omada Not Working - Will PP F&F $25 to Working Solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-10 23:35:38
Tags: #Firmware Update #WAN Issue
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5.7.6

I will PayPal F&F $25 to anyone who can help me figure this out. I have no idea what else to do. 

Here is the setup:

Network Gear:

OC200 V2 running on 5.7.6

ER 7206 v1.0 running on 1.3.0

TL-SG3452P v3.20 (48 Port POE Switch) running on 3.20.4

TL-SL2428P (24 Port POE Switch) v6.0 running on 6.0.4

4x EAP620 HD v3.0 running on 1.0.2

1x EAP610-Outdoor v1.0 running on 1.0.6

Internet Connection:

Primary WAN: (1 GBPS/1GBPS) AT&T Fiber (Switched Ethernet Network on Demand Product). Internet VLAN: 100, 802.1Q Checked, Internet VLAN Priority: 0, IPTV Settings On, Custom, IP-Phone 1100, IPTV: 1300 (AT&T instructions required Internet VLAN 100, 802.1Q checked, and IPTV Settings). Static IP

Secondary WAN (150 mbps/10 mbps): Optimum Cable/Coaxial with Static IP. 

Link Backup, 10:1 load balance (tried 1:1 too), Primary WAN with backup WAN. Online interval check: 3 minutes

LAN: 

192.168.0.1 - Management VLAN

10.0.20.1 - Secure VLAN

10.0.30.1 - Employee VLAN

10.0.40.1 - IOT VLAN

10.0.50.1 - Public WiFi VLAN

Disclaimer: I am not a network expert, but I have several OMADA deployments for simple network needs (such as homes and small businesses) without an issue. 

Issue: 

I set this up about 3 months ago without issue, the network was operating smoothly, no issues whatsoever. After updating the router to 1.3.0, all haites broke loose. I downgraded back to the previous version, still had the issue, reset everything on the network including the cloud controller to factory and reset up the network, issue still persistes. 

The Primary WAN will not work when setting up an Omada controller. I tried setting it up using the exact settings in standalone mode without the cloud controller and it worked for a few hours and as soon as a load was put on the network (everyone showing up to work the next morning), the connection failed. I reflashed the firmware on the cloud controller since I assumed if it was coming online using the standalone router instead of the cloud controller, there had to be a bug somewhere. I reset everything again and setup the Primary WAN and at last, it worked! No issues! I was able to get it online Saturday at 4 PM and it stayed online all weekend (monitored with the Cloud Controller). This morning (Monday) about 7:38 AM when everyone was logging on their computers, the primary WAN dropped. As if multiple packets of information was overloading the connection, although this is unlikely since it is a 1 GBPS connection. I am confident it's something within my settings not playing well well with the type of fiber connection we have (VLAN, IPTV, etc). I can disconnect the AT&T fiber physically from the WAN port and everything immediately comes online with the backup circuit (Coaxial/suddenlink) and works perfectly fine. I am just stumped. It worked fine for months and now it has stopped. AT&T sent a fiber tech out (this is not like the fiber you see in urban communities, this is a business grade project as you all probably know) and he said everything was testing perfectly and it had to be on our end. Our sales rep wants to switch us to a dedicated circuit setup isntead of this type of connection. 

I know it's something simple, and I am open to all suggestions. The person who gives me the right solution and it solves the problem I will gladly buy you lunch and a beer (PP F&F of $25). 

My email is: justinprater89 at outlook dot com if you want to reach out to me this way. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:AT&T ASEoD Fiber + WAN VLAN/IPTV + Omada Not Working - Will PP F&F $25 to Working Solution
2023-04-11 00:32:21

@justinkk2005 

Agree that it is something with your WAN setup.  The fact that it works at all would seem to mean you have your VLAN setup ok.  The fact that it crashes under load points to a firmware bug more than a config issue.  I would avoid setting the Link Backup for now, leave it as load balance, 10:1.

I would force downgrade the 7206 to the last known good firmware.  Then with the OC200 running the simplest useful configuration, I would then Forget the 7206 from the controller.  This will force a factory default and will reload a fresh set of config onto the 7206. About 5min of downtime.

Have you looked through the alerts and events?

I assume this means you have an SFP WAN port for the ATT service?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:AT&T ASEoD Fiber + WAN VLAN/IPTV + Omada Not Working - Will PP F&F $25 to Working Solution
2023-04-11 00:58:10

@d0ugmac1 

Agreed on the bug. I downgraded the router back to the previous firmware version, reflashed the firmware on the Cloud Controller, reset everything to factory settings and adopted everything again, still the same issue. I decided to go ahead and upgrade the router's firmware since even downgrading it didn't work which is why it's on 1.3.0 now (again). The alert/event just says "WAN of Router is Down" and I can't see any other information unless I am just not looking in the right place. 

I should add I even tried this:

I set up another TP Link Router using it as a "modem" if you will for the fiber and passed the WAN connection from it (setup manually) to the 7206 running Omada and still no internet connection. 

Part of me thinks it has something to do with the Internet VLAN and the IPTV settings for IP-Phone and IPTV and how that traffic is being handled. 

Options
2023-04-11 02:20:38

@justinkk2005 

My FTTH setup is similar in that it has a VLAN assigned for Internet, phone and TV services.  In my case the magic VLAN for internet is 35.  I have the fibre ONT installed in a TPlink media converter (MC220L), and then GbE copper to my ER605 (I started with Starlink ... hence the ER605 as it was more than adequate).

Here's the config (mine is PPPoE), maybe something will jump out at you in the Advanced settings?

and for what it's worth (I don't have TV boxes or a phone service)

I absolutely would not keep proceeding with the 1.3.0 firmware.  We know that it broke things.  Revert and stay at 1.2.x until the dust settles.

Are you using the SFP port on the 7206?  My ONT SFP runs HOT! ... I was unable to make it work with a Ubiquiti media converter (plastic)... it would overheat after not very long and cause the connection to reset and then PPPoE takes a few minute to sort itself out from a reboot.

Options
2023-04-11 15:53:00

@d0ugmac1 

I am using a CAT6 cable as opposed to SFP!

Options
2023-04-11 15:54:44
OK, so not likely a thermal thing then :)
Options
2023-04-15 02:04:48

Anyone else have any ideas? @TP-Link themselves?

Options
2023-04-17 18:13:36

@justinkk2005 

There are 3 WAN ports on the router did you try switching the fiber to another port?

Andrew

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1002

Replies: 7

Tags

Related Articles