Official Release Omada Hardware Controller_V5.9.32 (Released On Apr 14th, 2023)
This Article Applies to:
OC200(UN)_V1/V1.6_1.24.0 Build 20230328
OC200(UN)_V2/V2.6_2.9.3 Build 20230328
OC300(UN)_V1/V1.6_1.17.0 Build 20230328
Build-in Omada SDN Controller v5.9.32
1. Added the Global View and decoupled it from the Site View. In the Global View, you can overview the controller, manage sites and all devices, view logs and make settings at the controller level, while in the Site View you can monitor and configure the sites.
2. Added support for the map function, you need to enter the Mapbox API Access Token with the default public token scopes to use the function. Divided into Site Map and Device Map, you can set the latitude and longitude for each site and each device.
3. Upgraded the account system. In addition to the existing three roles of Master Administrator, Administrator, and Viewer, now you can create new account roles, customize the permissions for the roles to access different features, and bind the roles to new accounts.
4. Added a Dark scheme, you can choose to enable by Global Settings --> Controller Settings --> User Interface --> Dark Settings.
5. Added support to copy configuration for Omada EAP and Switch. You can select another device at the same site to copy its configuration, which can facilitate you to batch configure or replace devices.
6. Optimized Quick Setup and eliminated the Default site, now you can choose "Config New Setup" or "Restore from backup file" at this stage and create sites later.
7. Added support to hide the portal's redirection countdown by unchecking the "Show Redirection Countdown After Authorized" option in Portal Customization settings.
8. Optimized the algorithms for Automatic Power Optimization.
9. Improved the Device page loading speed.
10. Added support for the following features to Omada Gateway, which requires firmware updates to be released later. Some Omada Gateway models may not support all features, details will be listed in the release notes of new firmware.
- Bridge VLAN: you can bind multiple VLANs with one LAN interface.
- Quality of Service (Site Settings --> Transmission)
- LDAP Authentication for PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN
- Wireguard VPN
- SHA-384 and SHA-512 for IPsec, and IPsec Failover
- Full mode for OpenVPN
- DNS Proxy (Site Settings --> Services), with DNSSEC, DoH, and DoT supported.
- DDNS Customization
- New DHCP Options:
Option 2: Time Offset
Option 42: NTP Server Network Boot,
Option 67: TFTP Server
Option 252: WPAD URL
DHCP Options Customization
- PVID Config
- MRU Config for PPPoE
- Keywords mode for Gateway URL Filtering
- Bonjour Service, Service, and Client Network options for Gateway mDNS
- VoIP Protocol and multiple WAN supported for Policy Routing
- Import DHCP Reservation Entry and Export to IP-MAC Binding Entry
11. Added the Tools page to the Site view, containing the following tools. New firmware updates for Omada devices are required and will be released later.
- Network Check. Select an Omada device (EAP or Switch) and perform a ping or traceroute test to check the network connectivity.
- Packet Capture. Select an Omada EAP, set the capture filter, and perform a packet capture for troubleshooting.
- Terminal. Select an Omada device (EAP or Switch), open Terminal, and then you can execute CLI or Shell commands.
12. Added support to download device info, which helps to confirm the operational status of Omada devices and to perform troubleshooting. New firmware updates for Omada devices are required to obtain complete information. You can download a device's info by opening its Properties window, going to Config --> Manage Device, and clicking Download.
13. Added support for the following IPv6 features, all of which require firmware updates for Omada devices:
- Omada EAPs and Switches obtain IPv6 addresses.
- Display the IPv6 addresses of clients reported by Omada EAPs and Switches.
- MLD Snooping and Legal DHCPv6 Server for Omada Switches.
- Switch and EAP ACLs support IPv6.
- EAP URL Filtering supports IPv6.
- IPv6 Static Route for Omada Switches.
- IPv6 Group and IPv6-Port Group.
14. Added the CLI Configuration, which can currently be used to supplement the switch's configuration and requires the firmware upgrade for Omada Switches to be released later. Please refer to FAQ#3569 for the precautions and instructions of the CLI Configuration.
15. Added the "Lock To AP" feature. Open a client's Properties window, go to Config, enable the function, and select one or multiple EAPs, then the client will be locked to the selected EAPs. This feature helps prevent a static client from roaming frequently between multiple EAPs and requires new firmware updates for Omada EAP.
16. Added the "SSID Rate Limit" feature. Bandwidth is shared among all clients connected to the same wireless band of the same EAP. This feature requires new firmware updates for Omada EAP, and the rate limit settings will only take effect on those EAPs running firmware that supports the feature.
17. Added support to display the username used by the wireless client for WPA-Enterprise authentication in the 802.1X Authentication column of the Clients page.
18. Provided more flexible settings of the external ports in Port Forwarding. If your Omada controller and Omada devices are not on the same LAN, you need to configure Port Forwarding on the router. For Omada Controller version 5.8 and earlier, the external and internal ports of the port forwarding entry must be 29810-29814. From version 5.9, the external and internal ports of the port forwarding entries can be different, for example, you can configure external ports 59810-59814 to forward to internal ports 29810-29814.
19. Added LLDP support for Omada EAPs, which can be enabled via Site Settings. New firmware updates for Omada EAPs are required.
20. Optimized the network topology by introducing LLDP information from Omada Switches. New firmware updates for Omada Switches are required.
21. Added support to display the status of WAN online detection. This requires new firmware updates for Omada Gateway.
1. Fixed the bug that the Port Forwarding entry cannot be created when the first value of the starting port greater than that of the ending port. Reported Here.
2. Fixed the incorrect display of the Welcome Information, Terms of Service, and Copyright of Portal.
1) This version of the controller is applied to the Omada APP of version 4.7 or above.
2) Omada SDN Controller can only manage certain devices running the supported firmware. Please confirm that your device is compatible with the SDN Controller.
3) If you are upgrading from controller v3.x, it's highly recommended to upgrade 3.x to v4.1.5 first, then v4.1.5 to the latest 5.x. Please follow the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide in the installation package before upgrading.
4) Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will be NOT able to downgrade to version 3.2.17 or below.
Download From TP-Link Global "EN" Website:
OC300 v1/v1.6: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/oc300/#Firmware
To get notified with the new release of Omada Controller, welcome to subscribe to topic 245226.
Any further feedback on the new firmware, please feel free to start a new thread from HERE.
To get better assistance, you may check Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue In The Community.
When reporting an issue, especially it's about firmware upgrade, it's suggested to include the following info:
-- Omada Controller version (previous and current)
-- Device Model(s) and Hardware
-- Device Firmware (previous and current)
Note: if you decide to downgrade the firmware before contacting the TP-Link support team, we suggest you save a copy of the current Log file* and Backup Config file** before you do that, which might be helpful to address the issue you suffered from the new firmware.
- With Omada Controller v5.6 or later version,
you can export desensitized Running Logs and Config file under Settings > Maintenance > Export for Support.
- With Omada Controller v5.5 or previous version,
*the Log file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Services -> Export Data -> Running Log.
** The Backup Config file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Maintenance via local access.
Thank you in advance for your great cooperation and support. See you in the forums soon!