ER605v2 DHCP issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605v2 DHCP issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER605v2 DHCP issue
ER605v2 DHCP issue
2023-04-15 13:32:34 - last edited 2023-05-11 11:05:57
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 build 20230210 Rel. 62992

I set up the ER605v2 running 2.1.2 as a DHCP server in the LAN (managed by OC200 running 5.7.6)

We run into regular IP conflicts because the DHCP server on ER605 seems to assign same IP address multiple times.

I investigated 2 occurences:

I noticed an IP conflict in the LAN because our Samsung TV wouldn't connect to the internet.

Upon further investigation, I noticed a MacBook on our LAN had the same IP address as the TV. (both devices set to DHCP)

A disable-enable of the MacBook wifi adapter, and a reconnect of the Samsung TV via the Omada app solved the issue.

A few days later, a Windows laptop wouldn't acquire an IP address. Even after multiple disable-enables of the WLAN adapter.

Upon investigation using wireshark, I noticed the laptop sending multiple DHCP decline messages to the ER605, because it kept offering a duplicate IP address already assigned to the Samsung TV.

I can SEE the assignment of the IP address to the TV in the client list on the Omada app, but still the DHCP tries to assign the IP address a second time. This in itself is strange behaviour.

But the handling of DHCP decline messages is what striked me too.

Whenever a client sends a DHCP DECLINE on an OFFER, the DHCP server should try to assign another IP address instead of continuously trying to assign the same IP over and over again.

Is this a known issue and maybe already on the radar of the support team?

I haven't run into the issue since about a week, but will try to gather detailed logs from a new encounter.

Best regards,

_RDJ

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605v2 DHCP issue
2023-04-15 14:29:01 - last edited 2023-04-15 14:30:52

@_RDJ 

I think a new firmware just released again... to fix this issue. 

edit: I missed that it was V2..disregard. 

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
Re:ER605v2 DHCP issue
2023-04-17 08:28:06 - last edited 2023-05-11 11:05:57

Hi @_RDJ ,

The ER605 V2_2.1.2 Official Firmware has fixed the DHCP-related issue, could you double-check if you may reproduce this issue stably?

Could you check the firmware version of your router one more time?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 2

Related Articles