Best setup of Advanced Features

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-04 13:15:19
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.7.7 Build 20221206 Rel.58608

Experts out there, you may want to share your knowledge what is the best setup of this Advance features.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Best setup of Advanced Features
2023-05-05 21:37:29

@Ric04jan72 

You are not far off the best setup, enable band steering and set for Prefere 5ghz/6hghz.

Fast Roaming is just roaming.. leave it enabled

AI Roaming is letting the controller move you early / proactively as it feels appropiate to load balance, pre-empt a roam etc..  it works well leave it enabled.

Dual Band.. only enable this is you use Band Steering (recommended).   This basically means you can roam from a 2.4 connection on AP1 to a 5ghz connection on AP2 in one move, doesnt make much difference.. but its a tad quicker

Force Disconnect.. enable but its likely never used.  Basically if you have an older devices (very old) that doesnt support roaming, if asked to roam and doesnt respond the controller will kill the connection and force it to roam that way..  rarely if ever see this happen tbh.

As said, band steering is a good idea, works well!

Options
2023-05-05 22:42:46 - last edited 2023-05-06 10:57:18

@Ric04jan72  I would not blindly trust that features are working as expected. By all means try them but also monitor what is going on. I figured out a while back that with Fast Roaming and disassociation enabled I had very poor results. For the sake of this post I re-enabled those settings and let them ride for about an hour. Almost immediately I had 6 clients in <-72 range, when before I had 100% RSSI. Within half an hour we had clients contacting the office and complaining of poor performance and even the lack of ability to connect.

This is just a few minutes after reverting back to my settings with only Band Steering enabled. I am not saying those settings don't work, just saying they have not worked in my scenario and if you're going to try them, monitor the results.

Options
2023-05-06 13:02:30

@RickJamesBish @Philbert

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

I will change my setup based on your recommendations.

Options
2023-05-22 21:22:50

@Ric04jan72 As a user of the OC200 with the hardware version V2 and firmware version 2.7.7 Build 20221206 Rel.58608, I would love to hear from experts about the Best setup for its advanced features. Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 537

Replies: 4

Related Articles