ER605 PPPoE Static IP Secondary Connection Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-08 17:37:45
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

Hi,

My ISP provide 2 static IP over PPPoE connection. I try to setup secondary connection with fixed IP provide by ISP but seems failed. I can see there was a log:

"PPPOE failed to connect to the server because authentication failed with the wrong username or password."

But when revert back the secondary connection to "none", the PPPoE connection work fined without issue without changing username & password credential.

I try secondary PPPoE on Mikrotik and Home TP-Link product, the secondary IP work fined with same PPPoE username and password.

Options
6 Reply
Re:ER605 PPPoE Static IP Secondary Connection Issue
2023-05-08 22:17:26

@UniKL_MIIT 

If your provider works like one of mine, the second IP has to be requested through the first.  Not as useful.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-05-09 04:40:49

@d0ugmac1 

I already contact my ISP, they inform that PPPoE gateway should support "IP Unnumber Configuration"  or gateway should support additional multiple IP in WAN configuration in order to use static IP. I don't know whether ER605 or other Omada Router product able to support this function.

Diagram below I replace D-Link gateway with ER605 and success to get secondary public IP from ISP

So both Mikrotik and D-Link able to support "IP Unnumber Configuration". Maybe I need to raise this feature to TP-Link.

Options
2023-05-09 12:06:24

@UniKL_MIIT 

I'm still waiting for support of this of this feature on my ER605V1's, but I think the 1:1 NAT feature can help when you have multiple public static IPs.  It should be the 3rd tab on the Transmission->Routing screen if you have a controller, but I've no idea where it's hiding in standalone mode.

Options
2023-05-09 14:18:02

@d0ugmac1 

Yes, I hope TP-Link able to support 1:1 NAT over PPPoE connection with multiple static IP. But I don't know long TP-Link will add this feature because I can see there was an old post regarding this issue still did not resolved.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/261890

Options
2023-05-09 14:23:15

@UniKL_MIIT 

That post was a long time ago and on a V1.  Have you tried the secondary connection yet?

Options
2023-05-09 16:21:14

@d0ugmac1 

I just find how to configure secondary IP and already success, but still no function as one-to-one NAT did not work on PPPoE. I test on PPPoE account with 1 static as below.

But it is weird because secondary IP, I need to set subnet mask as /31 to make the PPPoE dialer success. Secondary Connection subnet mask cannot be set to /32 or /30 for 1 static IP. Later I try on 5 static IP PPPoE.

But still, useless as one-to-one NAT unable to config sad

Options