Put different SSIDs at each frequency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-12 18:42:30
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can I put different SSIDs at each frequency? Name the 2.4, 5.0, and 6.0 networks differently?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Put different SSIDs at each frequency
2023-05-14 09:37:28

@MartinE I have the very same question. I have devices that only work on 2.4 ghz and want to separate that from the 5ghz. It was straightforward on my old bt router via the web browser, however doing the same with the deco doesn't help as it appears there is no way to rename anything.

Options
2023-05-14 11:24:39

@Limaoska 

Limaoska wrote

@MartinE I have the very same question. I have devices that only work on 2.4 ghz and want to separate that from the 5ghz. It was straightforward on my old bt router via the web browser, however doing the same with the deco doesn't help as it appears there is no way to rename anything.

There is workaround: in Deco app enable Guest network on 2.4GHz only, have these devices connect to Guest network.

Options
2023-05-14 11:45:30

@Alexandre. Thank you, just worked that one out, works a treat 👍

Options
2023-09-08 14:54:28

@MartinE THanks, i will try, but the guest network will be in an other network on my home LAN no ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 4

Related Articles