Getting AP was connected.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-16 13:10:11 - last edited 2023-05-16 13:14:51
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Getting constant message saying my ap was connected. i have two ap running thru the house and they are wired connection to a poe switch. only one of them is having this issue.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Getting AP was connected.
2023-05-16 14:02:19
Are they both configured with exactly the same WLAN configuration profile--in particular the encryption standard?
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-05-16 18:34:03

@d0ugmac1 

I would said yes, as i did not change any settings after getting them into the controller.

d0ugmac1 wrote

Are they both configured with exactly the same WLAN configuration profile--in particular the encryption standard?

Options
2023-05-16 21:36:46

@FrankV 

So you have applied the same Wireless Profile entry to both APs via the controller?

If you temporarily unplug the working AP, does your device join the misbehaving unit, or is it still ignored?

Can you still see the correct SSID being broadcast by the AP?

Options
2023-05-17 12:22:12

@d0ugmac1 

Yes they are using the Default.
if the main ap goes offline the secound one start working, at a much lower speed but devices do work on it.

d0ugmac1 wrote

@FrankV 

So you have applied the same Wireless Profile entry to both APs via the controller?

If you temporarily unplug the working AP, does your device join the misbehaving unit, or is it still ignored?

Can you still see the correct SSID being broadcast by the AP?

Options
2023-05-17 12:50:46

@FrankV 

Ok, sounds like the radio environment is not great around the problem AP.  This could be due to an issue with the AP itself (bad antenna etc) which is easily tested by swapping the AP's physically, or because of contention by other APs in the area or other noisy equipment on 2.4Ghz.  This is harder to determine.

The messaging you see below is indicative of a cabling issue.  Is the AP joined at 1000M or 100M to the switch...you may have a broken wire etc.  Are you able to try running a temporary second cable to the problem AP or you could physically swap the APs and see if the problem stays or moves if that's not an option.

It's probably a bad cable or connector, but swap the APs to be sure.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 436

Replies: 5

Related Articles