Proper Configuration for Guests in a Business Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-28 20:56:34
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am a novice Level1 and 2 IT Support in my company and I would like to know what would be the proper configuration of the TL-SG108E, if such, for the following scenario:

On our local business network (in a domain) we have a couple of conference rooms used for live-streaming events. The AV technicians that sometimes come to use them are external,  and use our wall network sockets for faster internet during their sessions by plugging their devices (i know this is not correct). So, what has happened a couple of times was an ip conflict. I am thinking of putting a TL-SG108E in each room as a quick solution to provide a separate VLAN for them by giving a static IP to the TL-SG108E, because wiring a quest WLAN is not an easy option to that rooms. Again i am sorry for my apprentice question.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Proper Configuration for Guests in a Business Network
2023-05-30 07:19:25
Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Proper Configuration for Guests in a Business Network
2023-05-30 09:58:00

@Virgo 

Tanks for the suggestion. I came across that article while waiting for an answer. I will try it now and see how it goes.

Again thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 254

Replies: 2