EAP610 Outdoor not showing on network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP610 Outdoor not showing on network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:EAP610 Outdoor not showing on network
2023-06-07 10:48:28 - last edited 2023-06-07 10:56:49

@d0ugmac1 I got around to changing one of the EA225 Outdoor to ROOT. I also connected one of the remote EAP255 to it so that it has similar conditions as the ROOT EAP610.

The ROOT EAP225 dropped from the client list of the UDM within a few minutes just like the EAP610 does. 

Options
2023-06-07 12:08:25

@RickJamesBish 

Hmm, well at least it is consistent, though I'm not sure it gets you any closer to determining which vendor is more culpable.  The only thing I can think of is that the way TPlnk meshes via the root, may make the root's MAC get 'over-written' by the sub-tending wirelessly meshed APs in the UDM's database because of the way it is polled?  I think your next step would be to better understand how the UDM polls devices.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-06-10 10:00:29 - last edited 2023-06-11 08:16:26

@d0ugmac1 I took the TPlink switch out and put a Yuanley YS 2080G-P 8 Port POE switch that I had on hand anyway. The same issue occurs with the 610 and 225 when wired to the switch and adopted by controller. So I think the switch itself has been ruled out.

I put one of the 225s on the new switch but in standalone mode. It has remained visible in the UDM Pro client list. So it appears to be something with the EAP being the Root EAP of a Mesh. The Root EAP, whether its the 610 or 225, always shows a small slither of activity whenever I first connect it or make changes that make it show back up in the client list again. So the report graph looks like this. All the little green sections are not traffic, but just when a condition changes, usually brought on by me changing settings. Also it shows no up / down packet info like the remote EAPs and the Standalone EAP do (see 2nd image)

9b17bb973ebf4b709a4e2bcf999e2d78

Remote EAPs and Wired Standalone have this info and a solid green wired experience bar.

7a5b4279f3b94d93a2a4bbd92e5fa775

Options
2023-06-13 06:36:46

Hello @RickJamesBish,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230619366, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-04 06:50:17

Hi  @RickJamesBish,

Hope you are doing well. Our support team reported that they haven't received your email reply at all.

Have you ever received the support email who case ID is TKID230619366? Or was your concern resolved on your own finally?

We are looking forward to hearing from you again.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-04 11:29:48

@Hank21 thanks I just responded to them.  I have temporily switched hardware to test as replacement for the Omada system so I was not in the position to see if the problem persisted.  I have the Omada system back in place now and the EAP610 still only shows in the client list of the UDM-Pro immediately after a reboot of the EAP610, then it goes away and shows not activity. The network still works however so I don't think its that critical.

Options
Related Articles