Connectivity Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connectivity Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connectivity Issue
Connectivity Issue
2023-06-22 14:37:11
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.9.1

Hi, I have a problem connecting to some online games. I bought this router to be able to play and use the internet since I don't have the possibility of a cable connection. Let's start with the fact that my wireless connection is potentially very good and does not create problems, when I used the old router I had no problems. So the problem concerns some online games and if I can give an example GTA is one of them. Upon inquiring I realized that the problem is probably with NAT and all the things associated with it, the problem is that I have no idea how to fix it, I have no experience with these things so I would like to consult with someone and official support was not prepared to help me. The final question is how can I configure this router to be suitable for playing online without problems in general and if you can advise me on the best settings and configurations. I apologize if the answer is very obvious or if the question is not clear but I do not understand anything!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connectivity Issue
2023-06-26 07:52:01

@CrisTopo 

Thanks for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. May I know if your old router was also using the same SIM card for internet access?

2. Does those games require opening some ports on the router? If so, you could go to Advanced->NAT Forwarding->Virtual Servers to open the ports, or go to NAT Forwarding->DMZ to enable DMZ for the device that you use for online gaming.

3. Please go to Advanced->Status->Internet part to check the Internet IPv4 address to confirm if it is a public IP, private IP or CGNAT IP. If it is not public IP address, it means there is another NAT in the front (on ISP side since you are using SIM card only), thus the NAT forwarding will not work, please contact the ISP to see if they could assign you a public IP address directly.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-26 11:41:50

@Sunshine 

Thanks for helping me!

I am using the same SIM card on this router as well, and I thought of using the DMZ function to resolve the issue. However, I am unsure if I am entering the data correctly, enabling all the necessary settings, or making any mistakes when it comes to the DMZ function. However, my IP address should be private. Despite that, it used to work fine on the other router, even by default. The same SIM card was used, but it didn't create any issues. The problem specifically relates to peer-to-peer connections.

Options
2023-06-27 09:41:27

@CrisTopo 

Hi, is your old router still with you now?

If so, you could insert the same SIM card into the old router again, then check the APN profile settings to see if it is exactly the same as the current router, if they are different, you could create a new profile manually to configure the same settings on Advanced->Network->Internet page of the current router.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-27 11:12:38

@Sunshine 

No unfortunately I sold it, and I have no idea of ​​the settings. It's the peer to peer connections that are giving me problems if it helps. I thought about using DMZ mode but I think I'm doing something wrong or leaving something out.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 4

Related Articles