Omada reporting blocked ports ... nothing physically connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-01 10:45:38
Model: TL-SX3008F   SG2210MP   TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have been chasing a problem with thousands of blocked port warnings and loop cleared notifications since setting up this network. I'm using the linux controller v5.9.31

I have a 3428x connected to a 3008F and 2210MP, all updated to the latest FW

Originally I had LACP downlinks from the 3428x to the other two switches. I thought this might be casuing the issue.

I deleted all the LAGs and disconnected one of the two downlink switch ports for each of the downstream switches. Yes I am still getting blocked ports warnings on the interfaces.

I am totally lost about what's going on. It feels like I've hit a SW bug in the controller. Please help!

Here's a screenshot of the warning and the corresponding switch port being down.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Omada reporting blocked ports ... nothing physically connected
2023-07-01 21:52:24

@crembz 

Reboot everything. Maybe it is going to clear up.

Kris K
Options
2023-07-01 22:52:40

@KJK turn it off and back on again hahaha. Tried that.

Feels like the controller is stuck in a loop generating warnings

Options
2023-07-01 23:37:29

@crembz 

Inherent defect!

Kris K
Options
2023-07-02 00:51:13
Seems that way hahahaha. I rebuilt the controller vm and reapplied my config. lo and behold no more loop errors. The Physical network is exactly the same. What I did do differently this time though is I setup my LAGs with only a single interface connected, and then connected the second one.
Options
2023-07-03 02:11:58 - last edited 2023-07-03 04:02:27

@crembz 

seeing this resolved already. i'd give you suggestion on this if it happens again.

this seems to be a legacy config in the switch which triggers the STP in the switch. then the switch reports this error to the log sys.

you probably should forget this switch and adopt it back. this will reset the switch and clear the settings on the switch. 

probably fix it without reinstalling your whole controller.  

btw, did this happen after a firmware update or reboot? any possibility to replicate this? or just it is config and deletes them and you can replicate this.  

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-07-04 08:01:41
I did try that and it still logged errors. Rebuilding the controller seemed to resolve it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 6

Related Articles