IPS Threat Management

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IPS Threat Management

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IPS Threat Management
IPS Threat Management
2023-07-02 03:43:11
Tags: #Threat Management
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

New feature Threat Management.  I enable it and select countries, but the logs show nothing going on. 

I have it on 7 Routers / Sites. 

There defiantly should be some logs / reports.  Is there more to it than just enable and select locations?  

Options
7 Reply
Re:IPS Threat Management
2023-07-02 08:29:37 - last edited 2023-07-02 08:40:55

@DaKings 

Router need probably new software to support it. 

Options
2023-07-02 19:07:34

@MR.S 

Thanks.  I kinda think that maybe the case.  I am running the very latest controller. But never seen any firmware updates for any of the routers. I have at least 2 of every OMADA router across all my sites.  

Is there a place to obtain " Bata " releases of equipment firmware?  I have a "test" OMADA network setup and would like to play with the latesest features  :) 

Options
2023-07-04 18:39:51

@DaKings 

I wonder if one needs to create rules to make this work?

Options
2023-07-05 12:35:21

@DaKings 

You will need to wait for the firmware updates that support IPS for each model. 

This is no different than the 'Tools' menu which appeared months back with still little to no support on any device yet

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-08-11 14:32:28 - last edited 2023-08-11 14:45:17

DaKings wrote

@MR.S 

Thanks.  I kinda think that maybe the case.  I am running the very latest controller. But never seen any firmware updates for any of the routers. I have at least 2 of every OMADA router across all my sites.  

Is there a place to obtain " Bata " releases of equipment firmware?  I have a "test" OMADA network setup and would like to play with the latesest features  :) 

@DaKings 

interesting, maybe @Fae or @Hank21  is able to tell us some more as I saw this too, but it does seem to do anything... Is there a device which already supports it?

Options
2023-08-14 03:12:42

Hello @RBL,

The Omada Software controller 5.11.8 has added the Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDS/IPS) feature, and the Omada devices firmware update is required to use this feature, but sorry that I have no idea about the specific release date for the new firmware of Omada devices either.

You may keep an eye on this post, and it will be updated once there is new firmware available.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-08-14 07:02:11

Hank21 wrote

Hello @RBL,

The Omada Software controller 5.11.8 has added the Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDS/IPS) feature, and the Omada devices firmware update is required to use this feature, but sorry that I have no idea about the specific release date for the new firmware of Omada devices either.

You may keep an eye on this post, and it will be updated once there is new firmware available.

@Hank21 thank you for your reply, so a firmware update from a router is needed.. Are there any routers which are supporting this already?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 590

Replies: 7

Tags

Threat Management
Related Articles