Omada TL-R605 PVID - Network connection is lost when I change PVID from the default value

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada TL-R605 PVID - Network connection is lost when I change PVID from the default value

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Omada TL-R605 PVID - Network connection is lost when I change PVID from the default value
2023-07-10 02:14:32

@justcurious 

Hi, do you want to delete the default VLAN1, it doesn't support that. You can add a VLAN 40 but you can not change the default VLAN 1 to another, cuz you corrected the default VLAN to VLAN 40 is equivalent to VLAN 1 to be deleted.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Omada TL-R605 PVID - Network connection is lost when I change PVID from the default value
2023-07-10 12:22:49

@Virgo 

Hello, I don't want to delete the default VLAN. All I want is to create a subnet in a router port where I can attach an unmanaged switch. The hosts attached to that switch should receive their IPs via DHCP.

I also have a managed switch on a different port and it works well with a different subnet.

My understanding is that changing the PVID to a non default value is to treat untagged traffic as if it belongs to that VLAN. I used this router configured in that manner without Omada and it worked quite well. The problem began when I switched to the Omada Controller.

Options
2023-07-11 02:14:45

@justcurious 

Can you share the VLAN settings? Do you have default VLAN 1 and VLAN 40 settings together?

If you use a PC connect to the VLAN 40 port and can it work fine? And do an ipconfig to see more info.

Options
2023-07-11 14:30:36

@Virgo 

I've attached my current settings.

Since you asked for a ipconfig output and it's a dual boot machine, I logged into Windows. My surprise is that it worked!

Now, this doesn't make sense, when I use linux it doesn't work but it does on Windows. Keep in mind that is the same machine, same interface, the only change is the OS.

I've attached the ifconfig, ipconfig and ping on both OSs.

Options
2023-07-11 15:25:23

@justcurious 

I double checked that it's not a Linux configuration issue. It's in automatic DHCP.

If I switch PVID back to 1, linux works fine but in the LAN network rather than in the Oficina Network.

Options
2023-07-12 00:52:11

@justcurious 

It seems like the issue still occurs on your Linux device, check more on it.

Options
2023-07-13 21:40:15

@Virgo 

I just tried Fedora instead of Debian on a different hardware and had the same issue.

I tried a Windows VM inside a Linux host and it worked!

There shouldn't have to be a difference between Linux and Windows.

Options
Re:Omada TL-R605 PVID - Network connection is lost when I change PVID from the default value-Solution
2023-07-22 21:12:35 - last edited 2023-07-22 21:12:57

I had to ditch the Omada Controler and restored the R605 router with the previous configuration. Now all the networks behave as expected.

I hope that this bug is corrected in the future.

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles