ER605 and simple android vpn client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-11 11:53:33 - last edited 2023-07-12 01:13:29
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

Hi, hope someone can help.

I have an ER605 (web interface shows: "Omada Gigabit Multi-WAN VPN Router"). I have a few portforwardings etc. configured. Also, after a lot of trouble, I got a few PC vpn clients to work with local authentication. Should be the easiest form for setup.

Now I'm trying to get a few (one first) android vpn clients to connect. The simples possible way. I guess this is impossible.

All guides I can find, and I have spent more time searching than I dare to tell my boss, are not suitable. Either wrong firmware, wrong device, wrong programming interface, not  working as intended og just wrong.

This router is close to being used as target practice, now.

Can anyone save it?

NM

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 and simple android vpn client
2023-07-11 15:13:35

@NilsMedell 

What about OpenVPN with official android client? I a using this setup with ER605 V1 and Android 13.

Options
Re:ER605 and simple android vpn client
2023-07-12 02:09:16 - last edited 2023-07-12 02:13:11

Hi @NilsMedell 

I am sorry that you don't mention what kind of VPN you have. For the setup of Android, if you are using OpenVPN or Wireguard, just download the software and import the config.

For the IPSec on Android: How to connect to Omada Router using IKEv2 VPN of Android/iOS

External link for setting up L2TP on Android: https://support.fastestvpn.com/tutorials/android/l2tp/

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles