How to block Torrents

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to block Torrents

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
How to block Torrents
How to block Torrents
2023-07-12 00:54:59 - last edited 2023-07-12 03:48:09
Tags: #Gateway ACL #torrent
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hi! Is it possible to block torrent downloading? Aside from blocking torrent sites. Thanks

Options
8 Reply
Re:How to block Torrents
2023-07-12 06:44:49 - last edited 2023-07-12 06:45:36

Hi @Dixon_Herize 

Currently, we do not have a feature to support this yet. But thanks to bring this to our attention.

We don't have effective methods to block it but you may set up Gateway ACL to check if it fulfills your goal.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-20 09:06:22

Hi @Dixon_Herize 

PS: The new feature probably will be available in the near future. I think this feature needs both router and controller to work together to achieve it. You can expect that.wink

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-23 10:49:19

@Clive_A 

Oooooh. Can't wait for these new features.

Options
2023-09-29 05:33:00
wow. Which device did you get that screenshot from?
Options
2023-10-03 13:36:12

Very interesting! People used to say that Torrents use any type of ports, even generic ones, so you can't just block traffic through those ports without compromizing your network.

I'm looking forward to this feature in standalone mode.

Also I would like to have (in the future) the option to just recognize torrent traffic (not blocking it, I'm not a dictator) and be able to limit the bandwidth of that client for that use-case.

Options
2023-10-04 03:52:01 - last edited 2023-10-04 15:39:02

Dixon_Herize wrote

Hi! Is it possible to block torrent downloading? Aside from blocking torrent sites. Thanks

Hello! Yes, it's possible to block torrent downloading by implementing network-level restrictions. You can use firewall rules or specialized software to identify and block torrent traffic. Additionally, you can limit or monitor bandwidth usage to deter torrenting. Let me know if you need more details or assistance with this. Thanks!

Options
2023-10-04 12:12:21 - last edited 2023-10-04 12:12:55

@miandrew 

Can I do it with firewall rules in standalone mode on the ER605 router without any specialized software (which would need extra hardver to run it on)?

Options
2023-10-10 07:43:37
We are only talking about er605's capabilities.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1265

Replies: 8

Tags

Gateway ACL
torrent
Related Articles