Omada constantly assigning IP addresses (almost 1,000 log entries overnight). Small home network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada constantly assigning IP addresses (almost 1,000 log entries overnight). Small home network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-13 17:47:11 - last edited 2023-07-14 02:49:50
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.0 Build 20230629 Rel.64012

My network is pretty simple -- I have an ER605, two switches, and two APs. All are up to date. I just upgraded Omada yesterday, and there was an update available for the ER605 as well.

Suddenly, I'm seeing hundreds of alerts informing me that "DHCP Server allocated IP address 192.168.12.x for the client[MAC: xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx]." They are sometimes happening every 1 to 3 minutes but a few times it's more than once per minute. Many devices are appearing in these logs, but some of the more frequently seen IPs are an Amazon device, an ESP32 device that sleeps between check-ins, and a Google Home Mini.

I haven't figured out if it's having a significant effect on the network, but it's definitely something new. My log was pretty clear before. What's going on?

EDIT: I downgraded to the previous version of the firmware and it's fine again. I guess I'll wait until the fix.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada constantly assigning IP addresses (almost 1,000 log entries overnight). Small home network.-Solution
2023-07-14 02:41:42 - last edited 2023-07-14 02:50:52

Hi @FionaEllie 

The latest firmware has added a new feature which seems to be the cause of the problem you have here. If you are on the new firmware, you can turn it off. This message does not affect your network functioning. It's a new feature for people who wants to monitor their network with care.

Solution: if you don't want to be notified, uncheck these new added options. Gateway-related alerts will not be recorded and notify you frequently.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada constantly assigning IP addresses (almost 1,000 log entries overnight). Small home network.
2023-07-13 19:49:55 - last edited 2023-07-13 19:53:16

@FionaEllie 

Hello,

I have the same log entries after upgrade my ER605 v2 to 2.2.0 firmware.

Greetings Thorsten.

Options
Re:Omada constantly assigning IP addresses (almost 1,000 log entries overnight). Small home network.
2023-07-13 20:14:02

I had same once I upgraded my Omada OC200 V1 to latest firmware (1.25.2 Build 20230704 Rel.64541) this morning

Omada 5.11.10

ER605 V2 still on 2.1.3 Build 20230616 Rel.63607 since 2.2.0 got pulled earlier

I checked the notification settings ( Logs -> Notifications ) for the log and couldn't see anything about Client IP or DHCP

determined it must be something unseen in the UI (maybe hangover from previous version) and and 'Reset to Default' for each of Operation, System, Device and Client.

Maybe Client is all that was needed.

Then proceeded to modify a few I wanted and saved.

Been several hours and no alerts about IP address changes since

Options
2023-07-13 22:50:54 - last edited 2023-07-13 22:51:11

I downgraded to the previous version, ER605(UN)_V2.6_2.1.2 Build 20230210.

Incidentally, I have v2.6 hardware, but the newest version only shows up on the TP-Link page for the v2.0 hardware. But, they also say that v2.x is all the same ("Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)") so I thought it would be ok to try the 2.0 firmware, which is newer than the 2.6 firmware. 

Options
Re:Omada constantly assigning IP addresses (almost 1,000 log entries overnight). Small home network.-Solution
2023-07-14 02:41:42 - last edited 2023-07-14 02:50:52

Hi @FionaEllie 

The latest firmware has added a new feature which seems to be the cause of the problem you have here. If you are on the new firmware, you can turn it off. This message does not affect your network functioning. It's a new feature for people who wants to monitor their network with care.

Solution: if you don't want to be notified, uncheck these new added options. Gateway-related alerts will not be recorded and notify you frequently.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options