Android VPN Client IP-SEC IKEv2 supported at ER707-M2 ???

Android VPN Client IP-SEC IKEv2 supported at ER707-M2 ???

26 Reply
Re:Android VPN Client IP-SEC IKEv2 supported at ER707-M2 ???
2023-09-07 13:25:04

Hi all.....

I tried several different combinations at phase 1 & 2 ( followed the TP-Link guide) and get non of my Samsung Devices like

S20+ 5G, S20 oder Tab8 working with the ER707 on ike2.

Maybe something Samsung or Android specific but after weeks of testing i need to give up  sad

I see no solution so far with this devices.

Please post here if anyone get this sh** working, sorry guys i am really frustrated about this......

Options
2023-09-08 01:29:48

Hi @NutsB22 

Did you have any luck with L2TP or PPTP VPN? If no, then it should be your ISP issue.

OVPN or WG with their default port, and you cannot use them either, then it is definitely your ISP.

PPTP, L2TP and IPsec are using the common ports and unable to change them. WG and OVPN can modify the port and default ports are also targeted if your ISP intentionally blocks them.

If you want to Wireshark and share that with me, I may take a look at it and see what's wrong. The router responds by UDP 500 as well. You should check on your WAN if it receives this from your phone.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-08 15:35:01 - last edited 2023-09-09 09:02:00

He can't use PPTP or L2TP with newer Android (12 and later) devices, simply because it is not supported.

Options
2023-09-11 07:48:15

Hi @Libik

I am not familiar with Android. But aren't there any apps that can enable you to use L2TP or PPTP? Not the built-in. At least try something that could verify the server's fine. I cannot replicate this issue with my Android and I'd really help. But I don't think there is anything else I can do.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-11 13:04:24

@Clive_A 

No, I don't think so. Only OpenVPN and IKEv2 works on Android.

Options
Re:Android VPN Client IP-SEC IKEv2 supported at ER707-M2 ???-Solution
2023-12-01 01:25:12 - last edited 2023-12-01 01:25:29

Hi @NutsB22 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This might be the reason why you cannot join the IPsec. If your WAN is not a public IP on the Omada router, it won't connect. iOS definitely can. Android does not because it does not support changing the Local ID type.

You must have used port forward or DMZ in your network, right? A double-NAT situation.

In that FAQ you followed, it writes:

2) Since IKEv2 for Android cannot edit Local ID Type, only IP address can be used. So it is required that there must be no NAT device on the front of Omada router, which means the WAN IP address of Omada router must be a public IP address for the client to be able to connect successfully.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/643176?replyId=1286332

Recommended Solution
Options

Tags

Related Articles