Android VPN Client IP-SEC IKEv2 supported at ER707-M2 ???

Android VPN Client IP-SEC IKEv2 supported at ER707-M2 ???

26 Reply
Re:Android VPN Client IP-SEC IKEv2 supported at ER707-M2 ???
2023-07-26 09:12:26

@Clive_A 

You make my day!  Thanks for confirmation. my Order is placed :-)

Options
2023-08-04 11:59:06

@Clive_A 

Clive_A wrote

Hi @NutsB22 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

After confirming with the team, it supports after the firmware release ER707-M2(UN)_V1_1.1.0 Build 20230609. You can refer to the guide of How to connect to Omada Router using IKEv2 VPN of Android/iOS

Sorry to bring this topic up again. But Android 13 IPsec ike2 is still not possible with the ER707-M2.

I integrated the new router in my network. This things run okay via web interface. But in the VPN setup is no "sha2" setting possible.

It is no Android VPN possible so far. I am using the last firmware 1.1.0 Build 20230609 Rel.34068

Options
2023-08-07 01:49:59

Hi @NutsB22 

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-07 05:46:14

@Clive_A 

Hi there,

Sounds good but I found no setting/proposal what works with my android 13 phone.

The guide we posted earlier is noch working with ER707.

Is a working/tested configuration with android 13 available ?

I just brought this router to have exact this feature included 😕

Options
2023-08-07 06:17:11

Hi @NutsB22 

I think you need to post the model of your phone, and the IPsec IKv2 guide from your manufacturer, and your config with sensitive info mosaiced. Without any information from you, I can only tell you that the router supports SHA2 and that FAQ because we verified it on our Android 13 and it works.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-07 18:39:07 - last edited 2023-08-07 18:40:55

@Clive_A 

Clive_A wrote

Hi @NutsB22 

I think you need to post the model of your phone, and the IPsec IKv2 guide from your manufacturer, and your config with sensitive info mosaiced. Without any information from you, I can only tell you that the router supports SHA2 and that FAQ because we verified it on our Android 13 and it works.

in my case i using a Samsung S20+ for VPN connection.

I follow exactly the instruction from the How to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3447/

Configure IKEv2 VPN setting on Phone.

Here we use Android 12 as an example for IKEv2 VPN connection. Configure the IKEv2 VPN parameters. Click Save and connect to the VPN server.

· Specify Name as VPNBusiness

· Specify VPN type as IKEv2/IPsec PSK.

· Specify Server address as Address of my DDNS or router WAN port IP

· Specify IP Identifier as 123.

· Specify IPsec Pre-shared Key as 123456

· Specify Proxy as None.

Same parameters used in the ER707-M2... but it seems the ikev2 proposals not matching or something else.

I follow the FAQ straight and tried also some proposal variations without success.

There is no possibility to make a different Android phone setting. The router need to find the matching variables to work with Android 13 together :-)

Any Ideas what the mobile phone needs ???

Options
2023-08-08 01:29:57

Hi @NutsB22

So, I am not sure what proposal Samsung uses. I searched it on Samsung forum. Someone said that it's using like: Samsung Forum - ipsec vpn setup

That article does not mean it is arbitrary. Just picked up some common Android Phase 1 proposals. 

Try this as phase 1.

What's your phase 2? Compare it with the link I posted above.

Options
2023-08-19 18:34:34

@Clive_A

just start troubleshooting again after a break on holidays angel

I tried this settings/proposals without success. The android device is a Samsung S20.

Server address is hidden but correct. Pre-shared key is identical at the router.

the local subnet is existing at the router. I have currently no more ideas...... sad

Options
2023-08-23 08:51:08 - last edited 2023-09-07 13:02:05

Hi @NutsB22 

I tested it with my lab setup and I can verify that the FAQ setup works. And quite confident to say that there is no issue with the IPsec.

Router is at 192.168.50.225. The test device is on 192.168.50.23

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Options
2023-08-23 19:39:03

@NutsB22 

I was able to setup an IPsec Policy with IKEv2.

However, I had previously setup a L2TP Server which created a policy automatically called X_l2tp_server1

When I tried to create a new policy to include an IKEv2 Connection using a mobile device then it results in an error.

"For an IPsec policy with the same IP address at both ends, the parameters n Phase-1 should be kept the same."

If I change the remote host from 0.0.0.0 to a specific IP address then it works. I'm wondering if it's a setting that is preventing this from happening. It seems like either or, could there be another setting or policy that is preventing the  IKEv2 from working on the ER707-M2? This is the same for the ER605 model.

Options

Tags

Related Articles