Seeing how much time employees spend on internet sites through Omada (social media, blogs, etc.)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Seeing how much time employees spend on internet sites through Omada (social media, blogs, etc.)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-21 20:29:59 - last edited 2023-07-21 20:33:26
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello, we have a small business with around 150 devices on the TP-Link Omada system. We would like to see how much time these devices spend on social media websites in graphical form. Can we do this through Omada, or if not, how else can we achieve it? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and have a great day.

Device:

TL-R605

2x TL-SG3452

2x TL-SG3428MP

3x EAP610

2x EAP110

TL-SG3452

Options
8 Reply
Re:Seeing how much time employees spend on internet sites through Omada (social media, blogs, etc.)
2023-07-22 12:51:32 - last edited 2023-07-22 13:05:55

@Orkun_1 I don't know if TP-Links has anything that does this out of the box but I'm sure someone will chime in.

I have a UNIFI UDM-Pro as the Gateway and all OMADA equipment downstream from it. It does a great job of blocking undesirable content, specific countries and specific APPS. 

All the information below is coming through my Omada Mesh consisting of an EAP610 OD Root, 4 EAP225 OD Remote, TL-SG2210MP and OC200 Controller. I have Facebook selected and it shows all devices on right that have accessed Facebook and how much data each.

5f9f5bb8d225477eb20ea1ace49a407d

Very simple to control. Hovering over the device in the Facebook list on right, you choose block and are presented with this where you can block, allow or set a bandwidth limit.

02f5e7665b5044998bbc5b80aabc76a7

Options
Re:Seeing how much time employees spend on internet sites through Omada (social media, blogs, etc.)
2023-07-22 13:42:06

@RickJamesBish thanks for helping me Does this device work in integration with TP-Link Omada?

Options
2023-07-22 16:08:31

@Orkun_1 No it is not part Omada. It is the gateway and first device between the modem and the Omada equipment, so it is able to identify all traffic that comes through. This is the UDM-Pro (Unifi DreamMachine Pro). They also have a UDR (Unifi Dream Router) and UDM (Unifi DreamMachine). Both are routers and will do the traffic identification. They are both a little less powerful processor wise than the UDM-Pro. The UDR is a little less powerful processor wise than the UDM.  UDR is for smaller networks like you home. UDM or UDM-Pro is what I would use in a work environment.

Options
2023-07-24 00:09:03

@RickJamesBish is there a device to cost these graphics cheaply

Options
2023-07-24 02:19:54

Hi @Orkun_1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unfortunately, there is no function working like you asked for. But you can go to Insights and check the details of your devices.

We don't record the time they spend on certain pages but we record the time how long they have been connected to the wireless.

If you want to dig in more of this information, you should probably set up a URL filter(built-in) or yourself-built DNS server which may be helpful to block certain unwanted sites. DNS server can track the sites visited or the time spent.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-24 09:14:12

@Orkun_1  To my knowledge the UDM-SE, UDM-Pro, UDM and UDR are the only UNIFI devices that do this, and the least expensive is $199. Considering the capabilities, that is cheap.

Options
2023-07-24 11:07:31
Thank you for your help.
Options
2023-07-24 11:10:29

@RickJamesBish 

Hello, my friend. I live in Turkey and unfortunately, this device is not available here. Considering that 1 $ = 27₺, it costs 5363₺ for me, which is like spending 5363 $ :D

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 786

Replies: 8

Related Articles