ER605 v1 new Firmware 1.3.0 - New data collection without permissions ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-22 11:36:29 - last edited 2023-12-22 20:38:11
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20230511 Rel.51317

Hello,

Since my router use the (pretty good) new firmware 1.3.0 i've seen that it looks like it now connects to 3 servers (TPlink, ieee and w3C) without any permission from me.

I specify that I have already unchecked the transmission of data in the "i" window at the top right.

To be more precise, my router is configured identically from firmware 1.2.1 until this new 1.3.0: with the old one, there was no connection to the 3 servers (TPlink, ieee and w3C), but since the upgrade to 1.3.0, my router sends data every 2 minutes (ping, watchdog?) despite the unchecked option...

I use my ER605 router locally, so without any cloud option or Omada controller.

- Could you explain to me the nature of these connections and why I cannot forbid them?

- Could you stop this in a new firmware 1.3.1?

In addition, 2 last questions in another register :

- Do you have a PDF manual describing the exact operation of the new "Quality of service" parameters introduced with this firmware 1.3.0 ?

- Why, the mDNS setup seems always to active "ID 1, defaut, all service network, all client network, any service" ?

Thanks lot
Merci.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 v1 new Firmware 1.3.0 - New data collection without permissions ?-Solution
2023-10-08 19:31:50 - last edited 2023-12-22 20:38:11

Heraclite wrote

Thanks for this explanation. Merci pour cette explication.

However, in my case, when i set to "Manual" the online detection with this two new ping adress 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9, my router ER605v1 Firmware 1.3.0 continue to ping "Google, w3c and ieee" each minute...

:-/

@Heraclite 

When I set mine to always online the ping ect is greyed out so no calls. 

Recommended Solution
Options
21 Reply
Re:ER605 v1 new Firmware 1.3.0 - New data collection without permissions ?
2023-07-22 11:45:24

@Heraclite 

maybe it's the echo server, try changing it to 1.1.1.1 see what happens.

Options
2023-07-22 11:47:48 - last edited 2023-07-22 11:57:35

@MR.S 

Hello.

Thank a lot to answer me.

Where should be this echo setup please in my ER605 ?

Options
2023-07-22 11:59:03

@Heraclite 

Im not shure where you find it in stand alone, but in controller mode is under advanced on device itself

Options
2023-07-22 12:04:08

@MR.S 

I use it in standalone mode only.

I've haven'got any controler omada and effectively, i can't find this setup in my standalone mode router.

That's not a good thing; please Mister TP-Link, any firmware upgrade ?

:-(

Options
2023-07-24 02:54:01

Hi @Heraclite 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

First, can you post these links for me? What are these links? Do they match the links in our FAQ? Omada Cloud’s Domain Names

Second, did you turn on link backup and online detection? If you have online detection, we have a built-in echo server. Use your own IP instead.

Make sure it is disabled(unchecked).

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-27 06:05:32

Hi @Heraclite 

I am still keeping an eye on this issue you raised. Any update?

To other questions you have, QoS is newly introduced to the devices. So far we don't have a guide to configure this. But the concept is universal and you can search for a guide online.

I need more information about this mDNS.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-29 18:03:40

@Clive_A

Hello Sir,

No, these links don't match with you omada list.

In my case, the links are :

"www . tp-link . com

www . ieee . org

www . w3 . org "

Since the new firmware 1.3.0, my router ER605 connect to this 3 links every 3 minutes...

I didn't turn on link backup and online detection ; it's disabled and unchecked.

Thanks.

Options
2023-07-29 18:09:15 - last edited 2023-07-29 18:10:08

@Clive_A  This the mDNS capture.

In the red line, there are the parameters which are always activated by default. I wonder myself how i will be able to erase this first line...

Options
2023-07-31 01:02:58

Hi @Heraclite 

What other products do you have? From TP-LINK. I cannot rule out that other products from us would do that. Do you have products from other product lines? As far as I know, there has not been much feedback on this. The link I sent to you is a list of domains that Omada products may use. You seem to be the first one to report this to us.

I really need to get to the bottom of this. Please give more details about how you get the links. What kind of software/service captures this?

Are you certain this happens after the firmware update?

What are the full domain names for the TP-LINK one? www.tp-link.com is a generic URL for our official website. It is not any of the services we have on the list.

Other domains you have mentioned are not owned by TP-LINK. You may find details about them online.

Options
2023-07-31 01:05:02

Hi @Heraclite 

You have disabled mDNS and it is now not working if you set it as your picture showed.

Are you saying that this TP-LINK domain is captured by mDNS? What devices do you have except for this Omada ER605?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2503

Replies: 21

Related Articles