New router for VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New router for VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New router for VPN
New router for VPN
2023-07-26 07:17:55
Tags: #VPN #Router

Hello,

I would like to buy a new router for Omada (now I am using ER605 v1) and I am deciding between ER707-M2 and ER7206 v2.

I am using 1x L2TP/IPSec Client-to-Site, 2x PPTP VPN Client-to-Site, 1x OpenVPN Client-to-Site, 1x OpenVPN Server/IKEv2 Server/Wireguard for connecting Android devices.

Internet connection 250/25. LAN is 1GBit.

Which one is better for me or something else?

Options
8 Reply
Re:New router for VPN
2023-07-26 09:03:09

Hi @Libik 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

To be honest, both can meet your need. The final decision is yours.

If you have a plan to add a NAS in the future, probably the 707-M2 would be the better choice because you have a 2.5Gbps port reserved for it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-26 09:06:08

@Clive_A 

And what about processing power? They are both same and only real difference is 2.5Gbit port?

Options
2023-07-26 09:08:51 - last edited 2023-07-26 09:09:21

@Libik 

Power consumption you mean?

You should refer to this for more information.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-26 09:12:28

@Libik 

Go for ER707-M2 More power more ram more of everything :-)

Options
2023-07-26 14:42:42

@MR.S 

Thank you, I have seen this figure but I think that there is for ER7206 V1 in this figure - at least picture does not show Blue USB3 port.

Options
2023-07-26 14:44:11

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your answer. No, I do not mean power consumption, I mean computing power - processor speed, RAM, ...

Options
2023-07-26 15:18:12

@Libik 

ER7206v2 have USB3 and ER707-M2 have not? why ? :-)

exept for that is ER707-M2 more powerfull.

Options
2023-07-27 01:54:07

Hi @Libik 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can search for both models and find their specs page. You can also go to the Download page where you can find the datasheet of the product.

If the information you requested is not listed there, then I am not able to offer any more details.smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1001

Replies: 8

Tags

VPN
Router
Related Articles