Configuration of ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Configuration of ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Configuration of ER605
Configuration of ER605
2023-07-26 15:50:20 - last edited 2023-07-26 15:52:08
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hi, I need to set up the following configuration with ER605 routers so that I can interconnect 3 different subnets via an inter-router network.

I tried different configurationsettings on different devices but even when I copy the configuration file from one router to the other and change the IP addresses I get different results for the same settings.

I also noticed that you need to wait a while, even when the router responds to the browser, befor modifications appear to be working. 

Who can help me on this?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Configuration of ER605
2023-07-27 02:47:38

Hi @Buffeldance 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Sorry that your description is very blurry and unclear. I'd appreciate it if you can reorganize your speech and elaborate again.

But from what you said now, I think you need to refer to the articles and give them a try.

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-27 07:59:44

@Clive_A 

Hi, Sorry for causing confusion. I added a viso drawing explaining the configuration but apparently that wasn't publisched. So let's try again:

This is a lab setup where we simulate 3 different subnets interconnected via the switch. (In reality this will be a private APN infrastructure). The target is that we can send/receive data from any subnet to any other subnet.

I hope this helps.

Options
2023-07-27 08:31:33

Hi @Buffeldance 

Why not try the following setup? I don't know why you need that kind of setup. But this seems to be a more traditional and proper multi-nets setup.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-27 11:46:28
Hi Clive, Thank you for your feedback. However, for some other reasons, I don't want to use VLAN's as it would deviate us from the real situation in the field. Meanwhile, I noticed that the defennce rules would block my connections for a Ping. Currently i have been able to send pings for example from 172.16.2.100 to: 172.16.2.1 (that is easy) 172.16.0.20 172.16.0.30 But I'm unable to enter the 172.16.3.0/24 subnet. So probaly i neet da static route for this but so far I was unsuccesfull
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 4

Related Articles