TL-R605 Unsupported Browser Error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-27 07:15:52 - last edited 2023-08-03 01:05:33
Tags: #Load Balancing #ER650
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V16
Firmware Version: No Idea As of now

I've bought this VPN router around 2 years ago and since then I'm using it as mainly as a load balancer. This worked very well in the beginning and till few days. After noticing that the load balancer is not functioning as I expected, I wanted to take a look at today. Unfortunately when I tried to connect http://192.168.0.1, I'm unable to connect from my wireless connection.

So I took it out, and removed all its WAN connections and connected to my laptop via LAN (Only LAN port numbered as 5) port, I always get 'Unsupported browser!'  and 'Please update or use a different browser.'. I tried all browsers (Chrome, Safari, Brave(only on macOS), Firefox, Opera and IE (on windows)) but no luck.

P.S: I tired with Windows 10 & macOS (Ventura, 13.4.1, M1 Max) and macOS Catalina (10.15.7, Intel Core i7) with all above listed browser (of course IE on Windows, Safari on macOS) but no luck.

I tried private browsing, incognito or whatever by deleting all cache, cookies, site settings or event all data but no luck. No matter what I do, I ended up with the same error. I spent a total day to figure it out, but no luck.

I event reset the router, restarted many times, but no luck. I connected to internet and tried to connect via LAN port - no luck.

I remember this was so easy when I initially setup, but not sure what TP-Link has done recently with their firmware, this entirely screwed up the setup. I even tried with 4 machines, but always the same error. I cleared DNS cache, but the result is same.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:TL-R605 Unsupported Browser Error-Solution
2023-07-28 01:48:51 - last edited 2023-08-03 01:05:34

Hello @prathumca

Thanks for reporting this issue to TP-Link community!

Please try the Emergency Mode to recover the firmware of the ER605, you may follow this Guide.

If it doesn't help, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to TP-Link Technical Support team for further assistance.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-31 08:30:16 - last edited 2023-08-03 01:05:33

Hi @Daniel2908 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Did you try different browsers and clear the cache? Still, got the issue? Let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
2023-07-28 01:48:51 - last edited 2023-08-03 01:05:34

Hello @prathumca

Thanks for reporting this issue to TP-Link community!

Please try the Emergency Mode to recover the firmware of the ER605, you may follow this Guide.

If it doesn't help, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to TP-Link Technical Support team for further assistance.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-R605 Unsupported Browser Error
2023-07-28 10:37:33

Hi  @Hank21 

Thanks for you reply and I appreciate your help.

Tried forcing the TL-R605 (1.6) to Emergency Mode like mentioned https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/faq/3062/. But I'm not certain wither it is in emergency mode are not.

I did press the reset (since it is a punch hole) using a paper pin, turn on the power and holding the reset till the 'System' led light blink along with the LAN port which I connected to the laptop - this entire process took almost 30-40 seconds (for system boot up and flash all LEDs), so for me it looks like normal system reset/restart, not sure whether it is emergency mode or not. And when I tried to connect http://192.168.0.10/, browser says it can't connect.

So I'm not pretty sure whether it is in emergency mode or not. I wish TP-Link could do any visually blinking LEDs to help to identify the modes.

I'll try to create a ticket as you suggested and will keep posted here, if I get any resolution from TP Link.

Options
Re:TL-R605 Unsupported Browser Error
2023-07-28 14:22:59

I have the same problem since some days with ER707 ...  

Options
2023-07-31 08:30:16 - last edited 2023-08-03 01:05:33

Hi @Daniel2908 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Did you try different browsers and clear the cache? Still, got the issue? Let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 913

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles