Troubleshooting of CPE510 connection dropouts CPE510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-27 09:33:50
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20230616 Rel. 32656 (4555)

Hey everyone! 
I have deployed a Setup between one AP CPE510 and 2 Client Router CPE510 about ~250m apart, each of them with clear line of sight in about 3m height. 
The client side also has local wifi enabled, but keeps getting the dreaded "you wifi has no internet connection" error. 

Please see the status of both sides here: 

AP

Client

I also get a lot of these, on either device:

The Root AP has a stable uplink and the clients connected to the client ap also seem to be stable in wifi. How can i troubleshoot the connection? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Troubleshooting of CPE510 connection dropouts CPE510
2023-07-27 09:41:36

Sidenote: I tried updating firmware for the client, but since im remote to the setup the execution of the upload/upgrade would always fail. 

Options
2023-07-28 02:44:59

@pgeschke 

Hi, Two CPEs do network extension point-to-point and have dropout problems, you need to go section by section to troubleshoot the possible causes.
You can first test whether this end of the AP CPE is working properly, if not, that means the problem may appear in the front end, you can change the network cable and check the router in the front end.

If the AP CPE is working, go to the CLient interface and check the Radio Status to see if it is properly connected to the AP CPE. (Looks good in your screenshots.)

If it is properly connected, it is recommended to try different channels and channel widths on the AP CPE to see which one is more stable.

Check the firmware version, if it is not the latest one, you can upgrade it.

If this is no help, you will have to reset and reconfigure.
Also, make sure that the view between the two CPEs is clear.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-07-28 19:51:16

@Virgo 

As already mentioned i can access the CPE AP without any problem even remotely.
It has no issues.
I have tried a spectrum analysis and changed channels a couple of times, but i thought maybe there were some other hints. 

Options
2023-09-15 09:56:26 - last edited 2023-09-15 10:02:16

@pgeschke If it keeps jumping channels (disconnecting) it's probably down to DFS https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/763/ and from what I've read there's nothing you can do about it, it will always drop out, I have the 710 which only uses DFS frequencies and it's law to disconnect itself. Have you tried plugging a cable into the client and connecting it to any old router set to AP mode then connecting your phone to that, do you get the same problem? I have a  similar setup with similar values as your readings on SNB noise etc which drops all the time due to jumping channels, as I assume it thinks it sees radar, although I can't find any logs detailed enough to tell me why it jumped channel like other manufactures provide.

The 'failed to get data' just means the connection is lost it will happen if reboot/turn off and on, the AP, or if the connection has dropped from the AP to the Client if see it on the client side, which will happen if drops the channel it was using due to DFS for several minutes before it allows itself to try to connect again (legal requirement for DFS)

Options