Omada Software Controler does adopt my APs but won't read any Data related to trafic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Software Controler does adopt my APs but won't read any Data related to trafic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-30 00:13:51
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.2 Build 20210604 Rel 50960

Hello,

I've been working ,at our e-commerce business marketplace, to the establishement of a multi APs wifi system. we choose to use the EAP110 as the environement can be kinda harsh even inside sometimes. also we prefered to just get 1 model. So we got 5 of those (EAP110).

Since we already got our windows server 2019 standard running on the spot 24/7 I decided to use the software based Omada controler to manage and to optimise our APs I first tried the V5 (Omada_SDN_Controller_v5.9.31_Windows)of the software controler. but it never detected the APs even with a lot of research of manipulation on the system the V5 would never detect the APs.

So I tried the V4 and couldn't even open the controler to configure it it would always run in the background and not want to actually open.

Finaly I stumbeled uppon V3.2.17 and I could finaly find these APs ! Damn I was a happy guy when I saw that I could adopt them !

The problem is that I don't see what is actually happening on the network. the SSID are good and working. But I'm not sure that the controler is doing its job 100%... since it doesn't actually read stats for data transfer and user connected on those SSID. All of the unit are wired with Cat5E ethernet wire from our main switch to the whole building of about 20000pi2. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Software Controler does adopt my APs but won't read any Data related to trafic
2023-07-30 12:41:15

@ShipShop probably not what you want to hear, but spend the $89 on the OC200 HW Controller. Even if its just to test and verify that the software controller is the issue.

Options
Re:Omada Software Controler does adopt my APs but won't read any Data related to trafic
2023-07-31 03:11:03 - last edited 2023-07-31 03:14:01

@ShipShop 

Hi, need you to confirm if your EAPs are all V3 hardware in case there is an incompatible issue.

If so, upgrade the firmware of all EAPs to the latest one following this document.

And use the latest controller V5.9 to manage them.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options