Unable to connect to my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-31 10:25:36 - last edited 2023-08-04 00:58:18
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.23 Build 230418 Rel.60395n

Hi folks

I have been trying to setup my RE315 and  it's driving my bonkers! I initially tried using the webUI and I could see the RE and connect to it but when I went through the process of putting in my WiFi details the only light that was visible was the power light at the end of the process. So I thought I'd try the tether app. I was able to successfully go through the process and the power/WiFi/2.4Ghz lights were on and I confirmed I had Internet access. Next I unplugged it and moved it to the desired location but when I plugged it in only the power light was active, as if it had lost all of its settings. When I connected via the tether app even though the details were it was as if it had lost its connection to the router. I have subsequantly done a reset using the tether interface and the hard reset button and have been unable to get it to connect to the router and it only shows the power light solid.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to connect to my router-Solution
2023-07-31 16:22:10 - last edited 2023-08-04 00:58:18

@AmandaWJ 

Yes, this would be a good test. Just make sure you have successfully reset the device:

Directly press and hold the reset button on the side panel with a solid pin for approximately 1 to 2 seconds when the device is powered on. If you can see all the lights flashing, then go off and  some lights go back on slowly, that means the device has been reset successfully.

Follow this FAQ if you still failing to configure the RE.

Follow this FAQ if you can't see the SSID of the RE after configuration.

Follow this FAQ for how to boost youe Wi-Fi signal.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to my router
2023-07-31 14:50:48 - last edited 2023-07-31 14:52:27

@AmandaWJ 

When the RE is configured (closer to your main router) and you start positioning the RE - follow this guide for best perfomarmance.

There's a chance that the place where you putting the RE is out of range of your main router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-31 15:47:41

@terziyski thanks for your reply. When I originally configured it, it was within a meter of the router and all the correct lights we lit up. I unplugged it and took it into the next room, still line of sight about 4 meters away, and plugged it in and the only light that came on was the power light. I have subsequantly done a hard reset and tried to reconfigure it but cannot get it to connect at all. Neither the wifi, 2.4 or 5Ghz lights will light up. I am starting to consider that the unit is faulty. To rule out the router I am going ot take it to a friends and see if it will connect to their router. Watch this space....

Options
Re:Unable to connect to my router-Solution
2023-07-31 16:22:10 - last edited 2023-08-04 00:58:18

@AmandaWJ 

Yes, this would be a good test. Just make sure you have successfully reset the device:

Directly press and hold the reset button on the side panel with a solid pin for approximately 1 to 2 seconds when the device is powered on. If you can see all the lights flashing, then go off and  some lights go back on slowly, that means the device has been reset successfully.

Follow this FAQ if you still failing to configure the RE.

Follow this FAQ if you can't see the SSID of the RE after configuration.

Follow this FAQ for how to boost youe Wi-Fi signal.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-01 17:24:53

@terziyski reporting back. It was indeed the router. Switched it out and I was able to configure the RE. It seemed like the least likely culprit, especially as I'd managed to connect to it once successfully. Anyway, off and racing now! Cheers for your input :-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 631

Replies: 4

Related Articles