Need to configure WAN1 for static IP's and WAN2 for dhcp IP's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-01 03:48:31
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone, I am looking for assistance to configure the ER8411 router from scratch. I got the WAN interfaces setup but having a time trying configure the first WAN1 interface to provide static IP's for one department and the second WAN2 interface for dhcp IP settings. I would appreciate any insight from someone that has done this in the past. The box for the router didn't come with any manual to setup the networking side.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need to configure WAN1 for static IP's and WAN2 for dhcp IP's
2023-08-01 05:55:18

Hi @ItsAting-01 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

To be honest, I am not quite sure what you asked. Are you asking two questions? How to set up the WAN and how to set up the WAN1 for some devices and WAN2 for others?

To set up the WAN, you enable ports that need to be WAN. Go to WAN settings and set different mode for them.

To set up different WANs for different networks, you need two features: a VLAN interface for LAN devices and Policy Routing to route different VLAN interfaces to different WANs.

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

To set up the Transmission > Routing > Policy Routing, set it up according to your plan.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options