Simply want to connect by LAG using AX73 and TL-SG1024DE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 06:28:29 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:37:17
Model: TL-SG1024DE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220825 Rel.69073

I wanted to use Static LAG so bought this switch(TL-SG1024DE).

Wireless router AX73(AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router) already has support LAG by enabling LAG and selectable Static LAG and LACP.

I thought TL-SG1024DE support static LAG so at router set LAG. and displayed messaege "successful"

LAN2 and LAN3 is shown as default ports.

For TL-SG1024DE, by utitily  set LAG and apply

Then connect two cable between Router port 2 and 3 to Switch Port 1 and 2.

Wireless connection does not affect by this change but For the switch, it just not functioning.

Utility no longer detect this device.

Then At Router, diable "Link Aggregation", remove one cable from port 2(only connected by port 3).

Turn back to normal.

Now, what else do I need to setup if I want to use Static Link Aggregation? At Router or At switch?

Or it is not supported?

Thanks for information if any.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Simply want to connect by LAG using AX73 and TL-SG1024DE-Solution
2023-08-08 08:36:40 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

Hi @UserIndonesia 

So, there was a beta release/solution on home forum. Several hours after our last reply.

You can download the beta in that thread and it fixed the problem: LACP of Archer AX73 V2 doesn't work after upgrading firmware to 1.0.8 Build 20230616

You can try it out and report the result in that thread.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:Simply want to connect by LAG using AX73 and TL-SG1024DE
2023-08-02 07:03:38 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

Hi @UserIndonesia 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Since the switch only supports static LAG, you should set  Static LAG on the router.

After you enable that and set the switch properly, then you connect the wire between the router and the switch. The network is not affected but the Utility is down?

Can you log in to the switch admin web to verify if the switch is still available?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-02 07:50:44 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

@Clive_A 

Thanks for the reply.

>> Since the switch only supports static LAG, you should set  Static LAG on the router.

As picture shows,  "STATIC LAG" is selected at AX73 Link Aggregation menu, but I am not sure if this is enough setting for "STATIC LAG".

I am not sure if I need to set more at some menu. 

>>The network is not affected but the Utility is down?

Network is affected. Devices connected to TL-SG1024DE are not accessible from AX73.

All devices connected to TL-SG1024DE are not responding to Ping from devices connected to AX73.

(Wireless devices are directly connected to AX73, so not affected.)

TL-SG1024DE is not visible from "AX73" and its wireless clients. 

I assumed Configuration Static Link aggregation is not completed. May missing some other setting.

If Disable Link Aggregation from AX73, all devices connected to TL-SG1024DE, including TL-SG1024DE are return normal(ok).

>> Can you log in to the switch admin web to verify if the switch is still available?

If disable link aggregation at AX73, yes.

If enable link aggregation at AX73, no.

I wonder if there are more settings at Wifi router AX73 side, or missing settings at switch.

Options
2023-08-02 08:03:17 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

Hi @UserIndonesia 

I don't see any other config available on LAG on SG1024DE.

There is a hash algorithm on some more advanced switches which you can config. However, it is not available on the switch. Do you have this feature on the Archer? If this is misconfigured, it can also affect the connection.

I am not familiar with the home products. So, I am wondering if this is causing the trouble. Static LAG should be pretty simple. There is no packet used for LAG status detection and monitoring. Only thing I can think of is the hash algorithm.

Options
2023-08-02 08:17:41 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

Thank you very much. @Clive_A 

It seems like I should wait for some version up in future, or new version of Wireless router.

I agree there's not so many things user can set, but too many things I don't understand ;->

Thanks again

Options
2023-08-02 08:55:06 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

Hi @UserIndonesia 

I would recommend you go with a more advanced one if you need it to work right now and your budget is ok. I see some Archer models can set the hash algorithm. More advanced switches from us can be set with that, too. Our switch would work fine with our own switch as far as I know. Dev teams for the home and business are different which may explain there is a problem with the Static LAG. Not sure if this is a firmware issue with either one of them.

Options
2023-08-07 06:24:36 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

Hi @UserIndonesia 

It's Clive again. What's your AX73 version? Our dev team tested it and found out it could be an issue with the Archer AX73. Nothing wrong with the switch.

Can you try and contact our home support for this?

Options
2023-08-07 06:52:50 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

@Clive_A 

Since you ask, I reply.

AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router

Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20230616 rel.65817(5553)

Hardware Version: Archer AX73 v2.0

I came here thru link of Support menu at AX73. So no way out at this moment.smiley

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/509730

(This looks like endless loop.)

At this moment, "without LAG", it still works.

I don't have much budget on this (Time, money).

I end up with "nothing I can do now, and wait for new version someday" 

Thanks for your assistance.

I really appreciated.

Options
2023-08-07 07:04:55 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

Hi @UserIndonesia 

The email I received internally, indicates that there is a beta firmware that may fix the issue on the router. The issue is not on the switch yet it's the router's fault. Since I am not working for the home department, I am not sure about the download link. So, I suggest you contact our team for further help with a link to this thread. Either start a new thread in the Home section or our email support. I believe my colleague will follow upon your case and get it fixed soon.

Options
2023-08-07 08:52:29 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

@Clive_A , thanks a lot.

I sent by email from support screen to AX73.

Let's see what happens. ;->

Thank you!!

Options
Re:Simply want to connect by LAG using AX73 and TL-SG1024DE-Solution
2023-08-08 08:36:40 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:54

Hi @UserIndonesia 

So, there was a beta release/solution on home forum. Several hours after our last reply.

You can download the beta in that thread and it fixed the problem: LACP of Archer AX73 V2 doesn't work after upgrading firmware to 1.0.8 Build 20230616

You can try it out and report the result in that thread.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 855

Replies: 12

Related Articles