ER605 v2.0 is down every day same time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 13:56:42 - last edited 2023-08-02 13:57:46
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.0 Build 20230629 Rel.64012

I need some help with this please, every day around the same time my ER605 goes down and will take some minutes to get connected again. First it was in the middle of the night every day around 05:40 and suddenly it changed to every day in the morning around 11:43 indecision. I have contacted my ISP and they checked the logs on there modem but they do not see that the modem goes down and also when it happens I check the lights on the modem all is fine and connected. Installed my old hardware again to check if then it happens all runs fine and no disconnect(s) happens.

Options
4 Reply
Re:ER605 v2.0 is down every day same time
2023-08-02 14:43:26

@TonL 

What are your wan settings? DHCP, PPPOE?  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-08-02 15:27:07

@KimcheeGUN 

Hi thank you for the reply I have used Dynamic IP for the WAN.

Options
2023-08-02 17:15:54

@TonL 

Have you tried a new cable between the cable modem and the WAN port of the router?

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-08-03 02:01:39

Hi @TonL 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Is your Internet affected by this? If yes, you can verify this by connecting your PC to the modem directly to test it. ping 8.8.8.8 -t after a day, copy the whole results from the CMD. Paste it in Excel. Ping pulse at 1 second. Record the end time, and you can reverse inference. This time should be your DHCP lease begin time or end time. Seem to be 24-hour from your ISP.

My assumption is the ISP. Somehow their server requires reconnection/handshake(like DHCP lease time) daily. That's why you always have this. The time is consistent. Did you reboot your modem on July 26 which refresh the reconnection time with your ISP server?

Either your ISP is not familiar with networking or they don't have a better idea to troubleshoot and find fault.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 4

Related Articles