Where is RF Scanning in Business WiFi 6 Network EAP610?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 12:54:24
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20230414 Rel. 54437

Hello.

I already have 3 EAP620HD, 3 EAP225 and just both an EAP610. All 620hd and 225 are showing fine the TOOL -> RF Scanning, but can't find in this EAP610. Where should I enable it?

I can't find in OMADA the tool tab:

Options
6 Reply
Re:Where is RF Scanning in Business WiFi 6 Network EAP610?
2023-08-04 01:21:10

Hi @DPlus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you don't find the option of this, this is limited by the chipset plan. Some models like wall-plate do not support it either. 

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-04 02:00:36

@Clive_A how can I find this info in product specification to avoid this mistake again and just buy ones that have this feature?

Options
2023-08-04 02:07:05

Hi @DPlus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can probably contact the support team before you make a purchase. We cannot leak any hardware specs like chipset model or plan. Nor this info is written on the datasheet or spec sheet.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-07 14:30:07

@Clive_A 

As customers we just need to know what features your own product have so we can decide wisely if we need to buy EAP255, EAP610, EAP620HD and so on for our clients or for our own company.

Could you ask TP-Link team to make clear if your own product have a feature used in your own Omada System. It will be very helpfull

Options
2023-08-08 05:58:28 - last edited 2023-08-08 06:01:16

Hi @DPlus 

If you refer to the datasheet, the RF scanning is not even included in the function. As a wireless product, this feature was never intended to be a core function. Neither is in the specs sheet of our internal file.

It's more like an additional feature enabled by Omada Controller as an extra surprise if its chipset supports that.

I'll report what you asked for but I cannot guarantee anything now.

Options
2023-08-08 12:14:50

@DPlus 

I hate to say it this way... but getting the lowest end AP's usually doesn't come with all the new bells and whistles.  

Lower prices with lower end chipset/board.  I usually shoot for something in the middle when it comes to buying products for my clients.  Unless they ask for the big daddy APs.  But this usually keeps me from missing out on new features.  

Just a good rule of thumb.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 446

Replies: 6

Related Articles