Balanced WAN with 2 ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Balanced WAN with 2 ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Balanced WAN with 2 ISP
Balanced WAN with 2 ISP
2023-08-07 23:50:45 - last edited 2023-08-08 02:57:49

Goog night,

We have an Omada installation for a building of apartments (with ER7206 router, OC2000, switch an 15 access points.

The ISP router is in mode bridge connected to the ER7206.

We have experience some problems with the service of the ISP and that's why we want to balance the WAN connection with a 4G router.

We bought a TP-Link Archer MR550 Router 4G with this the goal.

My questions:

- Do I need to have the 4G router also in mode bridge? I am no sure if this router has the option...

- which steps should I do? Is there any document to follow? I would prefer that 4G router only provides connection if the main ISP router fails...

thank you very much!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Balanced WAN with 2 ISP-Solution
2023-08-08 02:57:46 - last edited 2023-08-08 02:57:49

Hi @Pepe8266 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Pepe8266 wrote

My questions:

- Do I need to have the 4G router also in mode bridge? I am no sure if this router has the option...

- which steps should I do? Is there any document to follow? I would prefer that 4G router only provides connection if the main ISP router fails...

thank you very much!

1. Always recommend you set it to bridge mode. Same thing goes to the modem. But this is a 4G router which is not a business product. I am not sure if it supports. In an ideal network, you want to avoid double-NAT.

2. Yes. You can do that. How to configure Link Backup on Dual WAN Router using the new GUI

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Balanced WAN with 2 ISP-Solution
2023-08-08 02:57:46 - last edited 2023-08-08 02:57:49

Hi @Pepe8266 

Pepe8266 wrote

My questions:

thank you very much!

1. Always recommend you set it to bridge mode. Same thing goes to the modem. But this is a 4G router which is not a business product. I am not sure if it supports. In an ideal network, you want to avoid double-NAT.

2. Yes. You can do that. How to configure Link Backup on Dual WAN Router using the new GUI

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Balanced WAN with 2 ISP
2023-08-08 06:17:42

@Clive_A 

i´m interested in this solution as well. can you recommend a 4G router with bridge mode ? 

many thanks

Options
2023-08-08 06:26:09

Hi @DICI71 

For the business product line, we don't sell or have any models with 4/5G capability. Please contact home support by mail, phone, or chat for further help on this. If the device does not have the bridge mode, then it's that. Unlike the modem which can provide you with the bridge mode.

Contact Support

Options
2023-08-08 07:12:02
Will do.....Thanks !
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 478

Replies: 4

Related Articles