AV1000 not appearing in available Wifi network list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-11 13:30:23 - last edited 2023-08-29 06:15:21

Hi everyone,

I recently installed the AV1000 Gigabit Powerline ac Wi-Fi kit . The installation was pretty straightforward and all the correct lights are on. The Tp-link network is not showing up on the availbale wifi network aon any devices despite all the lights being on. I downloaded the tp app on my mac and messed about with the settings and noticed the option for a guest network which I turned on and found that the guest network is discovorable on all the devices and working perfectly. I would rather not have an open network though, does anyone have any idea what might be going on ? How can I make the closed network appear on the wifi lists ? There doesnt seem to be any fault as the guest network is working fine .. Thanks in advance !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AV1000 not appearing in available Wifi network list-Solution
2023-08-14 11:05:45 - last edited 2023-08-29 06:15:21

@Sugref 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

When you set up the powerline extender, did you clone its wireless settings from your router? If so, it will have the same wireless network name and password as your router, thus you will not see a separate Wi-Fi network.

When you check the tpPLC utility on your computer, please check the current wireless network name of the WiFi, if it is indeed the same as your router WiFi, you could also change the name to a different one and check if it will be available.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:AV1000 not appearing in available Wifi network list-Solution
2023-08-14 11:05:45 - last edited 2023-08-29 06:15:21

@Sugref 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

When you set up the powerline extender, did you clone its wireless settings from your router? If so, it will have the same wireless network name and password as your router, thus you will not see a separate Wi-Fi network.

When you check the tpPLC utility on your computer, please check the current wireless network name of the WiFi, if it is indeed the same as your router WiFi, you could also change the name to a different one and check if it will be available.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 1

Related Articles