VIGI C300HP-6 not powering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-15 16:57:00 - last edited 2023-08-18 03:24:53
Model: VIGI C300HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just bought a VIGI C300HP-6 (https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/vigi-network-camera/vigi-c300hp/#specifications) to test within my current tp-link based business network. After testing I'll me switching my old ipcams to vigis and some tapos.

- omada 3 controller.

- er8411 router.

- 1x TL-SG3452X.

- 1x TL-SG3428X.

- 3x TL-SG3428XMP.

I've plugged the VIGI C300HP-6 to 2 different switches of mine (SG3428XMP) with at least 2 different cables (which I'm sure they are working with other POE enabled devices) but the camera is not powering, no leds or lights.

Any ideas? Am I missing something. And I don't have a power adapter to test with as none is supplied within the package.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VIGI C300HP-6 not powering-Solution
2023-08-16 03:56:37 - last edited 2023-08-18 03:24:53

Hi @Bonesoul 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Is your device sealed in plastic? If not, it could be a used product. Where did you purchase it? You can probably contact your retailer to exchange it.

About the power adapter, I think it does not come with it as I don't find any details about the adapter info in the specs and installation guide.

Since this model is PoE compatible, and you have already swapped it with different cables, I think it may be a hardware issue.

Before you replace it with your retailer/local tech support, double-check if your switch can supply power to other PD. Then it could be a hardware issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:VIGI C300HP-6 not powering-Solution
2023-08-16 03:56:37 - last edited 2023-08-18 03:24:53

Hi @Bonesoul 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Is your device sealed in plastic? If not, it could be a used product. Where did you purchase it? You can probably contact your retailer to exchange it.

About the power adapter, I think it does not come with it as I don't find any details about the adapter info in the specs and installation guide.

Since this model is PoE compatible, and you have already swapped it with different cables, I think it may be a hardware issue.

Before you replace it with your retailer/local tech support, double-check if your switch can supply power to other PD. Then it could be a hardware issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:VIGI C300HP-6 not powering
2023-08-16 12:57:39
Hi there, I contacted the retailer and I'll be returning it back. I've also contacted Tp-link Turkey office and thankfully they'll be supplying me contact info for an official retailer. Hüseyin
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 2

Related Articles