Access to OpenVPN clients connected to Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 06:36:08 - last edited 2023-08-23 01:34:44
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello,

I have an R605 acting as OpenVPN server with network 172.16.5.1/24, set as split tunnel

Client gets VPN IP of 172.16.5.10, Client's LAN network is configured as 192.168.69.1/24

Client is able to access the 172.16.x.x network just fine, however it is not pingable at ip 172.16.5.10 nor 192.168.69.1

I believe i'm missing some static route but I can't figure this out, any help is appreciated

thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Access to OpenVPN clients connected to Omada
2023-08-17 02:31:45

Hi @NinjaMonkey 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Then what do you set in here? Are your subnets included there?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-17 17:35:47 - last edited 2023-08-23 01:34:44

Hi  @Clive_A 

Thanks, "All" is selected in that field,

i have also attached a small diagram to better describe the issue

hope this is achievable 

Options
2023-08-18 01:29:30

Hi @NinjaMonkey 

Is there even a tunnel established between the server and the client site?

I think the tunnel is not even up. If the tunnel is up, the gateway IP on each side would be pingable.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-22 17:50:48

Hi  @Clive_A ,

yes i'm certain that the tunnel is up, and communication is possible in one direction thanks to this, but it does not go the reverse way, from the server network to the client network.

is there any special configuration that needs to be done to achieve site-to-site via openvpn? Iv'e found a ton of guides on their own forums but they all seem to apply to windows or linux based servers, where i can access the server config files, with omada this is not the case sadly.

Options
2023-08-23 01:34:34

Hi @NinjaMonkey 

No. Figure out what client-to-site is. No special configuration. There is not. Consider IPsec for site-to-site.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 5

Tags

Related Articles