Adopt to Omada Fail - ... not respond to the adoption commands.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 18:04:17 - last edited 2023-08-23 09:00:18
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello.

I have an Omada system running on the OC200:
-Controller version: 5.9.32
-Model: OC200 1.0
Firmware v-version: 1.24.0 Build 20230328 Rel.52384

I use this system with 3 Switches, 6 AP's and almost a hundred clients (Wi-Fi and Cable).

I decided to change my Draytek router for an ER8411 V1 router with the following features:
- Hardware Version: ER8411 v1.0
- Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230705 Rel.64091

In standalone mode I can do everything I need (DHCP, VPN's, Virtual Ports, etc) however what I really wanted is to add this equipment to the Omada system, however I've tried everything and I can't do the Adopt, it always gives the error:

"Equipment adoption failed because the appliance does not respond to adoption commands."

I followed some toturiais but nothing worked, I leave here what I have tried to do without success:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2983/

(There are other links but I can't post here.)

If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Adopt to Omada Fail - ... not respond to the adoption commands.-Solution
2023-08-17 02:57:50 - last edited 2023-08-23 09:00:18

Hi @Tiago-D 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Don't bother configuring anything before you integrate it into the controller. As you adopt a device successfully, the existing config will be erased(reset).

What should I do when the Omada Controller (V4) fails to adopt the devices?

Which ports do Omada SDN Controller and Omada Discovery Utility use? (above Controller 5.0.15)

You probably find this useful:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-28 11:50:50 - last edited 2023-08-28 11:51:00

After several tests and researches, I solved the problem through this link: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3148/ 

The problem is that I tested the router on an Omada system installed on a computer and then was trying to configure the same router on an Omada system by OC200.

Even giving reset to the router could not do the adopt because the Router must have the same IP range of the Omada system before doing the Adopt.

In a scenario where everything comes from the factory, both the Omada system (whether by controller, hardware or software) is in the same IP range.

In my case as I had already configured the Omada system to use another range of IP addresses the Router, although it appears in the list of devices to make the adopt, always gave error.

I leave this explanation here to be able to help someone who goes through the same.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2023-08-17 02:57:50 - last edited 2023-08-23 09:00:18

Hi @Tiago-D 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Don't bother configuring anything before you integrate it into the controller. As you adopt a device successfully, the existing config will be erased(reset).

What should I do when the Omada Controller (V4) fails to adopt the devices?

Which ports do Omada SDN Controller and Omada Discovery Utility use? (above Controller 5.0.15)

You probably find this useful:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Adopt to Omada Fail - ... not respond to the adoption commands.
2023-08-23 08:46:57

Hi @Clive_A 

I know it's not worth configuring anything because the settings will be overridden by the controller, however what I meant is that the standalone equipment works correctly and I still couldn't do the adopt.

I had already read the links you suggested, thanks anyway for sharing.

I ended up having to reset all the equipment and reconfigure my entire network. I couldn't wait any longer at all and so I did what I had to do. I ended up not understanding the reason for not being able to adopt.

At this moment I already have the router associated with the controller.

Thank you for your help!

Options
2023-08-28 11:50:50 - last edited 2023-08-28 11:51:00

After several tests and researches, I solved the problem through this link: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3148/ 

The problem is that I tested the router on an Omada system installed on a computer and then was trying to configure the same router on an Omada system by OC200.

Even giving reset to the router could not do the adopt because the Router must have the same IP range of the Omada system before doing the Adopt.

In a scenario where everything comes from the factory, both the Omada system (whether by controller, hardware or software) is in the same IP range.

In my case as I had already configured the Omada system to use another range of IP addresses the Router, although it appears in the list of devices to make the adopt, always gave error.

I leave this explanation here to be able to help someone who goes through the same.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1192

Replies: 3

Related Articles