Omada Controller mail server error - Failed to send the email to the specified recipient.

Omada Controller mail server error - Failed to send the email to the specified recipient.

2023-08-18 13:43:55
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.25.2 Build 20230704 Rel.64541

Dear Support! The Omada Controller has not been sending emails since 07.13, I am attaching the settings. Regards Attila

Options
5 Reply
Re:Omada Controller mail server error - Failed to send the email to the specified recipient.
2023-08-21 07:24:02

Hello @Szileszky,

May I know whether this feature started to be not functional after the firmware upgrades?

Did you receive the Test Email when you use this email address to set it?

Could you use Gmail/Outlook to test again?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Omada Controller mail server error - Failed to send the email to the specified recipient.
2023-08-22 05:08:39

@Szileszky Hi I also tried it with a Google mail address. There is no error message. But I didn't receive an email. The emails are not coming since the firmware update..Best Regards

Options
2023-08-22 07:05:33

Hi @Szileszky,

A newer 5.12 Beta firmware has been released for trial, please follow the post link below for details.
Omada SDN Controller_V5.12.x (Updated on Aug 21st, 2023)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-04 09:11:39

@Szileszky Maybe you are using your gmail password. You should use you app password 2 factor authentication. After authentication go to the bottommost option and generate an app password. This would be a 12-16 letter password. Use that. Also use smtp.gmail.com as your smtp server.

Options
2023-12-06 08:31:38

@AkshayDixit 

It does not work with either the gmail smtp server or the t-online smtp server, and with this beta OC200(UN)_V1_1.28.1_Build20231117(Beta) firmware it worked for 1 day, and since then it has not worked again.

BR

Attila

Options