Can we configure DHCP Snooping on switches controlled by OMADA ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-22 03:52:40 - last edited 2023-08-25 06:47:03
Model: TL-SG3452XP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0

Hello 

I have a TL-SG3452 and TL-SG3428 switches and Omada Controller that installed to hotel/apartment system and we always have problem with some rouge DHCP Server is running on system (maybe is came from customer's AP/Router/Switch) 

the question is Can we enable DHCP Snooping function in omada controller GUI ? I found some function called legal DHCP Server and i try to use it but seems that not gonna work because it's still have some rouge DHCP coming in my system

Thank you in advance :)  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can we configure DHCP Snooping on switches controlled by OMADA ?
2023-08-22 06:51:05

Hi @SmartZone 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. You can still enable DHCP snooping by CLI if the feature is not available on the Omada controller. Requiring you to access the switch by console.

2. About the Legal DHCP not working, how do you draw this conclusion? Have you used Wireshark to analyze and conclude that? Have you done a test to verify that?

If you'd like to do a test, try this to reproduce the issue you report:

One computer, one router, and one of the TL-SG switch you have.

Set a VLAN interface on the Omada router and set it to the port with Legal DHCP server configured. Lease time is 1 minute.

Connect a router(simulate the illegal DHCP server. With a different subnet.) and a PC to the same VLAN you just created. You can Wireshark on this PC and monitor its DHCP interaction.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1021

Replies: 1

Related Articles