Unable to connect Deco x20 4G with Reolink Duo 2 wifi camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-22 11:44:08 - last edited 2023-08-23 08:26:58
Model: Deco X20-4G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.5.7

Hello all, 

I have a Deco x20 4G (ax1800) which works with a sim card, and it works quite well.

I connected a Reolink Duo 2 Wifi camera via ethernet cable, on the Deco and it works BUT the camera is unable to find wifi network and connect on the deco through wifi only.

There is no connectivity issue with the camera itself as it can hook up on any OTHER Wifi (even my smartphone hotspot). It just fails to communicate with the Deco and it seems to be a Deco problem rather than a camera problem.

I live in Greece : Tp-link official tech Support is unable to give any guidance whatsoever. 

I contacted Reolink tech Support via email and unable to give me any help. They said that since the Deco is wifi-6, the camera cannot connect to it and asked if there is any way to disable ax-mode. BUT, Deco is backward compatible with all wifi generations, plus camera and deco share the same IEEE standards, so what they said does not apply.

I manage both devices through smartphone app and a pc client. I found that I can determine a stable IP address for the camera on both the deco app and the camera app, which I did (I think) but it still doesn't work. 

I am not any guru in networking and such, I only use my common sense and the little knowledge that I have or can acquire. But I cannot find a solution to this so I need your help with ideas. Both are fairly new devices and I find it hard to accept that they are not compatible. I think it is just a matter of proper setting up or bypassing something that keeps them from communicating. 

Thank you all in advance,

Melina.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to connect Deco x20 4G with Reolink Duo 2 wifi camera -Solution
2023-08-22 14:14:54 - last edited 2023-08-23 08:25:52

UPDATE:

Reolink came through with the simplest solution: Connect on the Guest Network. IT WORKED - problem solved :-)

The camera could not connect on the Deco router itself for some unknown reason, but it was able to connect to the Guest Network. Reolink went so far as to give me links to tp-link.com for extra support on how to set up a guest network (not that I needed it - but it shows that they did their homework!).

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to connect Deco x20 4G with Reolink Duo 2 wifi camera
2023-08-22 13:30:08
What channel is the Deco broadcasting on? I've had issues with channels 12 and 13 and not being able to see the network but there is no way to manually change it on the deco app you are at the mercy of the optimize feature. Also some of my devices can't connect if 160mhz bandwidth is enabled on 5ghz and some have trouble with 40mhz on 2.4ghz, the latter cannot be changed as TP link never added that feature despite people requesting it.
Options
Re:Unable to connect Deco x20 4G with Reolink Duo 2 wifi camera -Solution
2023-08-22 14:14:54 - last edited 2023-08-23 08:25:52

UPDATE:

Reolink came through with the simplest solution: Connect on the Guest Network. IT WORKED - problem solved :-)

The camera could not connect on the Deco router itself for some unknown reason, but it was able to connect to the Guest Network. Reolink went so far as to give me links to tp-link.com for extra support on how to set up a guest network (not that I needed it - but it shows that they did their homework!).

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unable to connect Deco x20 4G with Reolink Duo 2 wifi camera
2023-08-22 14:21:03
Alexmesh, my Deco uses chanel 13 for 2.4GHz and channel 44 for 5GHz ..for sure, this is something we cannot change as far as I know... Do try to set up a guest network and see how that works for you. It did work for me!
Options