Powerline Light Flashing

Powerline Light Flashing

Powerline Light Flashing
Powerline Light Flashing
2023-08-23 10:38:25 - last edited 2023-08-29 06:07:18

Hi,

A few weeks ago I installed a network of three 7010 adapters and one 7510. All went very well including pairing with all lights green. However I noticed a few days ago the Powerline lights on all four adapters are blinking red and green. The system still appears to function with the exception of the 7010 farthest from the router but I'm concerned this won't last. I've tried moving the adaper connected to the router a bit closer to the rest but it makes no difference. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Any possible solutions would also be most welcome. Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Powerline Light Flashing-Solution
2023-08-27 08:25:54 - last edited 2023-08-29 06:07:18

@Sunshine  Thank you for your very helpful advice. I tried moving the adapter furthest from my router into the same room as the router as you suggest. The Powerline lights on all four adapters turned green almost at once. I concluded that my problem is probably that our house's wiring won't support an adapter that far from the router (i.e. on a different floor) so did not reconnect it. The other three which are all on the same floor are now working fine. I can live with this so thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Powerline Light Flashing
2023-08-24 09:29:43

@Oldie50 

Hi, thank you very much for posting for TP-Link Community.

1. Please try to swap two TL-PA7010 and check if still all four adapters powerline LEDs are still flashing

2. Please move other powerline adapters into the same room as the router, then check if it is still the same

3. If the issue only happens when other adapters are relocated to other rooms, please try to move them away from other electrical appliances or power adapters etc. to reduce powerline interference.

Options
Re:Powerline Light Flashing-Solution
2023-08-27 08:25:54 - last edited 2023-08-29 06:07:18

@Sunshine  Thank you for your very helpful advice. I tried moving the adapter furthest from my router into the same room as the router as you suggest. The Powerline lights on all four adapters turned green almost at once. I concluded that my problem is probably that our house's wiring won't support an adapter that far from the router (i.e. on a different floor) so did not reconnect it. The other three which are all on the same floor are now working fine. I can live with this so thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-29 06:08:04

@Oldie50 

Thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that you've located the issue and use other adapters properly now.

Hope you could enjoy the internet.

Options
2024-01-11 07:25:53

@Oldie50 

My two tp link tl-9020p adapters get the red and green blinking LED every few days too. I stumbled across an easy fix, which may work for you. With mine, if I open up the TP Link powerline app, click on the settings of the adapter that is visible and turn the LED on or off, it instantly resets the connection and I get a steady green light again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 4

Related Articles