Cannot Send Mail - The Connection to the outgoing server failed

2023-08-23 18:45:15
Tags: #Cannot Send Email
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20230608 Rel. 74023

This seems the same or similar to other email issues mentioned before. I can get emails to send if they are going through the broadband supplied router direct or on 4g. The moment it is connected to Deco M5 emails have stopped going and I get the 'Cannot Send Mail' - the connection to the outgoing server failed.

I have turned of the Malicious Content Filter, Intrusion Prevention System, Infected Devices Quarantine. Tried using 2.4 or 5ghz on their own. With and without passwords for the wifi.

The interesting thing is that this had been working fine for the last few years and the latest firmware was updated months ago without any issues. So this seems very strange. It started happening to a friend 12 weeks ago, but our attention was focused on the domain/email provider instead. Now on closer inspection it clearly is something to do with the Deco M5.

Is there a solution for this please?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot Send Mail - The Connection to the outgoing server failed
2023-08-24 06:04:58

@Stuhart 

Hi, Have you checked whether it limited all the email providers or just some of them?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Change the DNS server on Deco APP>More>Advanced>DHCP>primary and secondary DNS servers to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

2. Clone the MAC address of the ISP-provided router.

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco

3. Remove them from the Parental Control profiles if there are any.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2023-08-26 18:33:24

Hi David,

I did manage to change the DNS settings within the Deco, but this made no difference.

I tried the cloning with no success, but will return to this to give it another go.

Emails from Outlook and Google are working, but anything sent from my own email domain will not go unless it is through something other than the Deco.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Hi, It looks like emails from the various domains I have are experiencing issues sending emails e.g. Cannot Connect to the Outgoing Mail Server for "SMTP:admin@mydomain.mail.mydomain." Mail can try to repair these settings

"The IMAP server "mail.mydomain" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field.

I have tried to setup accounts that I have deleted, but none of them can be reconnected.

When I am using 4g I can send, but can't seem to setup accounts irrespective of what internet I use. Different domains have been affected at different times so the issues have not appeared all at once, but over a period of 2 months from different properties using different IP's. The thing in common is that we both use Deco M5's.

Options
2023-12-30 17:39:18

@Stuhart 

I found that MS Outlook doesn't work through Deco unless I run VPN. Then it's fine. But this makes me irritated and suspicious, so I'm probably going to abandon my Deco mesh.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 3

Tags

Cannot Send Email
Related Articles