Trying to add another Clent-to-Lan IPsec Policy After already adding L2TP Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Trying to add another Clent-to-Lan IPsec Policy After already adding L2TP Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-23 19:27:20 - last edited 2023-08-24 03:51:25
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230609 Rel.34068

When trying to add another IPsec Policy after already adding L2TP Server for Windows Clients to connect I get this warning when adding.

This is the same issue faced by ER605

For an IPsec policy with the same IP address at both ends, the parameters in Phase-1 should be kept the same.

I know there have been others who have posted something similar.

Is there a way to find out what the parameters of the X_l2tp_server1 Policy which was added by default when creating the L2TP server?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Trying to add another Clent-to-Lan IPsec Policy After already adding L2TP Server
2023-08-24 03:50:00 - last edited 2023-08-24 03:51:12

Hi @FlameOtter 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you have a config of your setup? I don't see this on my test and setup cases I have seen before. I don't know how you reproduce this. Can you share more info?

Guess it gota be the setting you made which is wrong.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Trying to add another Clent-to-Lan IPsec Policy After already adding L2TP Server
2023-08-24 13:44:07

@Clive_A 

Somebody from TP-Link Support got back to me informing me that:

"

Remote host 0.0.0.0 can only be used for one entry, because it was already used when creating the client-to-LAN IPsec entry, there is no way to create an L2TP VPN. Our recommendation is not to use L2TP, but to use OpenVPN instead, so that there is no conflict with IPsec entry."

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles