Two Archers at different locations, mimmicking the same location?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 07:34:13 - last edited 2023-08-31 00:40:39
Tags: #VPN

Hello

Some services that are Internet based are for single house holds only, me and my girlfriend live separately and both use TP Link Archer routers

I am wondering if there is anyway we are able to somehow connect them together, one creates a vpn while the other connects to it or something? Not sure what the right thing to be asking for is but basically I want the Internet to think both our routers are in the same house so we can share certain services 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Two Archers at different locations, mimmicking the same location?
2023-08-31 02:23:38

@DStruct 

Hi, what are the model no. and hardware version of the two Archer Routers? we need to check if VPN Server and VPN Client features are supported by the two routers.

Please note that if one is used as VPN Server, and the other as VPN Client, the VPN Client site will be able to access the local network of the VPN Server site, but conversely not, which means VPN Server site will not be able to access the client site.

Or if you just would like to access a specific service or server on the other site without the VPN connection, you could also use port forwarding feature to open the specific port used by that service or server on the router to allow remote access. 

Port forwarding: how to set up virtual server on TP-Link wireless router?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 245

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles