No Internet on VLAN

No Internet on VLAN

18 Reply
Re:No Internet on VLAN
2023-09-02 10:16:28 - last edited 2023-09-02 18:54:13

@IanCC 

Yes I do some LABings on this now. there is some strange things that happened. I do testing with a Unifi UDR and a ER605v2, try connect wan on router to LAN on ER707. PVID is 50 so router should get ip and internet from VLAN50 but no, to get it to work I have to set VLAN 50 on WAN interface on routers. so something not work as it should.

My computer connect with no problem.

so the best advice just no is to use a omada switch and sett VLAN on that, PVID on router don't work as it should as I can see..

Options
2023-09-02 18:21:00

@MR.S 

thank you for your advise, admittedly this feature is not critical on my part but it is such a pain to see a feature offered but not working.

a quick search in the forum will reveal almost similar issues. I believe it is safe to say that this is a BUG. i can only hope that this issue will catch the attention of the engineers and provide a solution. 

i hope you can ping your engineer friends to look at this matter. Thanks again.

Options
2023-09-02 18:40:41 - last edited 2023-09-02 18:53:08

@IanCC 

I have no access to any engineer so we have to ping @Clive_A  smiley

this solution with PVID on port is not a god solution, look like this partially works, my computer worked but not routers that I tried to test a bit with.

when I connected the same routers to a switch, everything worked straight away on the right VLAN.

I have also tested on an ER8411, it was the same, so it probably applies to all routers.

Modify of Default LAN on interface probably fix the problem but its on all port and cant be removed as the other VLAN can.

Options
2023-09-04 03:42:36

Hi @IanCC 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you export the backup? I need one for the test team to replicate this issue.

Reply to the ticket I created for you and reply to that with an attachment.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-04 03:44:57

Hi  @IanCC 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230905192, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-04 11:11:08

@Clive_A 

Thank you, i am already in talks with your test engineer. As of the moment he is running tests to replicate my issue...

To share his initial findings:

> If inserting a PC/LAPTOP directly into the port that has been specifically set to a specific VLAN ID, (PVID), this laptop/computer should get the VLAN ID automatically. Which is exactly what happened during my testing.

> If inserting a ROUTER, we should set a VLAN to the WAN, but remember not all router especially consumer router has this feature.

I will provide more update once the engineer responds to me with an update.

Options
2024-03-05 18:31:26

@IanCC any updates on this issue? I am having the same exact problem.

Options
2024-03-06 01:43:29

Hi @Julestasticles 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Julestasticles wrote

@IanCC any updates on this issue? I am having the same exact problem.

So he did not update. The case was resolved on my hand before it was escalated.

To put it simply, TL; DR, that was a problem with his config and his misunderstanding of the VLAN. He fixed this himself after some replies.

What is your net diagram like?

How do you configure it?

What's the symptom? Do you have an IP on that device? Read the how-to guide.

Options
Related Articles