ER7206 - Router log

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER7206 - Router log

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER7206 - Router log
ER7206 - Router log
2023-09-04 20:25:02
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Where is the router log which shows blocked and allow events?

We troubleshoot our logs regularly to determine who and what is attempting to get through our routers.

I'm trying this router in a test environment, and don't see a usable log.

Example:

I would like to see events that are blocked, allowed (to pass thru), source ip, destination ip, source port, destination port.

Is there such a log?

Regards,

Options
6 Reply
Re:ER7206 - Router log
2023-09-05 03:20:09

@grapes 

nah

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-09-05 15:07:01

@grapes 

Thanks. I fell for the ER (Enterprise Router) thing.

Options
2023-09-05 17:02:20

@grapes 

You can with a SysLog server running and SNMP linked to it.  

Assuming the ER meant enterprise is def a big fall without researching your device, datasheet, and hands on testing.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-09-06 01:41:27 - last edited 2023-09-06 01:50:08

Hi @grapes 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

We don't have this feature and so far have no plans for it. Can you please list some of the other vendors that have this feature? I mean commercial vendors like UBNT or Cisco, not open-source firmware.

Is that okay for you to receive tons of logs if this is implemented as a toggle option? I mean if you browse many sites a day, probably you, a single device, will have 10,000 logs generated a day and require a separate location(a computer's drive) for storage, similar to the remote syslog feature, is that okay for you?

Note that the space for storage on pre-built routers is very limited. There is no way that our router keeps the log which would definitely slow the device.

If you can live with that, and other people's okay with this, I think I can send a request to the dev for evaluation. I cannot guarantee it'll be implemented, but I can do my best to gather your ideas and market status and push a key opinion (feature) from the people.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-06 03:55:15

@grapes 

The routers we use are Zyxel. The TP-Link was selected to evaluate for some remote offices.

The Zyxel log on our USG 1000 routers keep an 11 page log of 50 entries.

Only firewall rules which are defined to create a log entry write to the log.

I'm interested in the syslog idea...but have not used.

I did some reading on the ER7206, but until you try to use and configure it, do you run into the

issues.

Options
2023-09-06 06:10:59

Hi @grapes 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you let me know the feature name of it? It would be helpful for me to write feedback to the dev. In this feature. So this feature enables you to see src ip ds ip and the same for the ports, is that right?

Can you share a picture of it as well?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 519

Replies: 6

Related Articles